Survey: Life differences after getting a prosthesis

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.
Cath&S

Survey: Life differences after getting a prosthesis

Post by Cath&S »

Hello everyone,

My name is Cath, and I'm veterinary nurse student who is doing a little bit of research about animal welfare (or care) after amputation. I'm particularly interested about the life changes in the animal's life after he/she started using a prosthesis (more active etc)

Thank you for your time.

Cath.
CarolC

Re: Survey: Life differences after getting a prosthesis

Post by CarolC »

Hi Cath,

I don't know if you'll get a lot of replies here because usually it seems like once dogs are past an amputation the owners do not return to the board, because the dogs are living normal lives. You may find more people dealing with dogs with amputations on http://www.tripawds.com, I think they tend to have more osteosarcoma dogs there so they are dealing with an ongoing health condition.

This is a video about Cappy, and his owner, Linda, is a member here:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3994.
You can see other videos about Cappy on their youtube channel, Powernubby. They used to have a website but it looks like the registration lapsed a few months ago, however I think you can find answers to your question in this video.

Here was another nice story about an amputee dog receiving a prosthesis, this one in England. (I think when she says OH she means Other Half.) :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11367

:slant:
Cath&S

Post by Cath&S »

Thank you for your time Carol :)
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

No prostheses here! :D