3-legedcat 1front leg

Please post questions about pets who are expected to undergo amputation or who have already undergone amputation here, as well as pets born with missing or incomplete limbs.
3-legedcat

3-legedcat 1front leg

Post by 3-legedcat »

hello, i will be adopting a 3-legged cat missing one of its front legs, i understand it will recover nicely and that it may have problems landing, will this cat have problems with steps and covering up and digging in kittie litter?? thanks for all your help!

**(edit) ok cant figer. out how to reply! do u think he will be safe with downstairs steps around? or will he fall? thats my main concern then my other is just with the litter box more for my self then the cat i just wanna know if he will fair well =p ok thanks again
Last edited by 3-legedcat on Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

Re: 3-legedcat 1front leg

Post by Bendy Kitty »

hello and welcome to the site!
we fostered a kitten who was missing a back leg and had a messed up front leg, she still did steps and the litterbox just fine. all our other kitties who are missing limbs are missing hind limbs. we did also foster a kitten who had a stump for a front leg and he seemd to do fine, too. never heard any complaints about him after he went to his new home.

i have heard that sometimes they still make digging motions with the missing leg, you can see their shoulder working. so it might take her awhile to figure that out. on the other paw, there are kitties here with all four legs who still haven't figured out how to cover their mess!

headbonks and purrrs

bendy kitty
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
critters
Founding Member

Re: 3-legedcat 1front leg

Post by critters »

Bendy Kitty wrote: i have heard that sometimes they still make digging motions with the missing leg, you can see their shoulder working.
Tripod does that big time.

I consider tripods to be disfigured, not disabled; they can do everything anybody else can do--they're just noisy when they run. LOL