can't get avatar to uploand

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
amyd

can't get avatar to uploand

Post by amyd »

I have tried everything in my power to get my avatar to meet the size standards. any advice. i have HP photsmart. I want to use my own pic.

Thanks! Amy
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

If it's a high resolution photo, and you are trying to take a full size photo and reduce it, it will probably have too big a file size.

If all of your photos are high resolution, sometiimes it works to find a photo where your pet is not filling the whole photo. For example, if you have a picture of your pet on the sofa and it's not a close-up, you may be able to crop the photo down until it frames only the pet, then reduce it. Since you are reducing only a small portion of the original high resolution photo, you should get a smaller file size.

Another option it to retake the photo at normal resolution.

Another option is to re-save the photo on your computer in different formats and see which format give the smallest file size, then work from that. Once in a while that works, more often you end up with a grainy picture.

I just PMed you my email address if you want to send the photo to me and I will also try.

If you know anyone with PhotoShop, I think someone said that has a feature where you can change the resolution of a photo.
Christine

photoshop

Post by Christine »

I've got it. If you can't get it to work, Carol, forward it on to me and remind me of the size restriction.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
amyd

Post by amyd »

I found a website that I emailed to Carol I think - it uploads your pic, shrinks it to the pixel size in less than a minute. all for free. you can google "create photo avatar" and find a site easily. amy
http://handipet.com/gallery2007/v/Brooklyn+from+Texas/
Here's Brooklyn's Link to her photos!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Amy, thanks finding this link. Your avatar is TOO cute! :wub:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/