new bb

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
critters
Founding Member

new bb

Post by critters »

It sure is WAY different!! The biggest non-working problem I've found is that when I hit "view more smilies" and the whole page pops up, I can't get them to move themselves to the posting screen when I pick them; I've been typing the codes myself.
CarolC

Re: new bb

Post by CarolC »

Did you happen to notice whether you waited for the whole smilies screen to appear, or by chance was it still loading when you clicked? Could you check that and see if it makes a difference...?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:shower: That one works??!! :shock:

Let's try again. :pastel:

:oops: :cuckoo: :mybad: :thankyou: :morning: :mrgreen:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

CarolC wrote:Did you happen to notice whether you waited for the whole smilies screen to appear, or by chance was it still loading when you clicked? Could you check that and see if it makes a difference...?
I think you're exactly right. It did it again, but I was impatient. Once it starts putting the code on the smilies page it seems to continue, even when the page is done.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I don't know why the code appears up above the smilies display, but it does it to me, too. It probably works better for those who don't use dial-up. I wouldn't know! :mrgreen:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

That's where it puts the code when it's not putting it on the post, and it doesn't put it on the post when I/we are too impatient to let it load. :lol:
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

Why do I get mostly gobbledygook (Html language) when someone pastes something in?
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Everybody does, when it's pasted from My Space. CarolC can explain it better, but their site uses code that this one doesn't, so it makes gibberish.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

The phpBB2 software we had before supported html tags, but phpBB3, which we have now, does not support any html because it was determined to be a security risk. There is discussion of it on the phpbb.com website so perhaps they will come up with a solution. For now it is best not to post in html.