need help adding an avatar to my posts

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
theservs

need help adding an avatar to my posts

Post by theservs »

Critters or someone smarter than I,
You know how you have a pic of your pet on every post you do over on the right hand side? Is that an "avatar?" And, how do you add that little photo? I want to be brazen and add Dolcezza's photo to my "profile" posting when I post.

Am I confusing you or do you know what I mean?

Thanks,
Judy
critters
Founding Member

Re: need help adding an avatar to my posts

Post by critters »

It is, indeed, called an avatar! For me, the biggest problem is getting them so very tiny--pics can be max 80x80 pixels AND 6 KiB. To add said pic, click "user control panel" toward top L. "Profile" tab. "edit avatar." Then upload pic like any other. If it's too big, it'll tell you.
theservs

Post by theservs »

Critters!
Thanks for your help! As you can see, you are a great teacher. You are the best.

Judy
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

You did it!! I always have a terrible time with it because Picasa is supposed to ignore pics below a certain size, which, of course, makes them impossible to work with or on!
hypersensitiveb

Post by hypersensitiveb »

How can I change the size of the pics to make it an avatar? :?
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

There is a program called Paint that comes with Windows. You can find it under Programs > Accessories > Paint. There are also online photo editors. I have used http://www.lunapic.com .

If you have no luck, you can email the pictures to me and I will resize them for you if possible, I'll be glad to! :D One of the moderators has Photoshop so they may be able to help you as well. I am sending you my email address in a private message in case you need it. I would love to see a picture of your kitty.
:wub: