trying to post add in classifieds and it bombs

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
merlinmarshall

trying to post add in classifieds and it bombs

Post by merlinmarshall »

Hi, I'm trying to post a special needs kitten looking for a home and the ad keeps bombing out. I thought I had too many photos and cut it down to one but still the post does not go through. I'm new here, so does it just take a very long time to appear, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Merlin
CarolC

Re: trying to post add in classifieds and it bombs

Post by CarolC »

Hi there,

:welcomepurple:

Can you get it to post without a photo, just as an experiment? It should post right away. If it does, then you will know it was the photo causing the problem.

It could be the size of your photo (how many KB or what dimensions), did you try shrinking the photo on your computer at home and then posting it?

You can also shrink it on an online photo editing program like http://www.lunapic.com.

Please post if you have further trouble. Someone here will be glad to shrink the photo for you, send me a PM and I will send you my email address to email the photo if you cannot get it to work.

In addition to posting in the classifieds, you may want to post her down on the Rescue section of this message board (below).
merlinmarshall

Post by merlinmarshall »

HI Carol,

That seems to be the problem, even one photo is too large to go here, I just posted a text only version. I'm not sure I found the rescue section, where is it?

I'm trying to cut down the photos and will try them again.

Thanks,
Merlin
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Are you posting Jocko, I believe? If so, it went through; it appeared my email a few minutes ago.