Slow?

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
CarolC

Slow?

Post by CarolC »

Am I the only one going :cuckoo: because the board is so slow? I can't get things read, it takes forever going from screen to screen.
Christine

Re: Slow?

Post by Christine »

I just went through and tried navigating from screen to screen and do not see any lack of speed. Since I am fast becoming an involuntary computer nerd thanks to my own computer problems, I have a suggestion. I just learned that Mozilla Firefox is another way to get to the internet than seems to be less fraught with problems. It is a free download. I have downloaded it on two computers and for the most part, use it when I am on line. Sometimes, if I need to get to my favorites, I will go back to using Explorer. I have both icons available to me. I believe it is supposed to be faster because most people use Explorer and it does seem to bring things up quicker.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Thanks, I've heard a lot of people like Firefox. I have dial-up so I may be seeing things that are not so obvious on high speed. :( It's a little better right now but I don't know if it's temporary or really better.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I have dial-up too, and it's not unusually slow.
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

I like Mozilla Foxfire better than AOL. We've got both and some days AOL is so slow while there is no speed problem with Mozilla.