wrong forum

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
MissWhiskers

wrong forum

Post by MissWhiskers »

I am sorry - I do not know why my last post appeared under "Emergency" as I thought I was posting under "Other Subjects".
At one point I had asked about copying one of my posts there but things are in "maintenance mode" now, I think. I guess I could have made a mistake - am a little confused - I don't know about "coping threads" or anything like that! Sorry,

Karen
CarolC

Re: wrong forum

Post by CarolC »

Oh gosh, don't apologize, you did everything right. :) When you mentioned wanting to move or copy the topic to Emergency, which was an appropriate place for what you were posting, I moved the topic to Emergency forum but left a "shadow link" behind in Other. The "shadow link" is so anyone looking for the topic in Other can still find it after it has been moved. It acts as kind of a forwarding address, you click the link in the original forum and are carried to the new one. If they click the shadow link in Other they are carried to the actual topic now residing in Emergency. I imagine that is why you thought you were posting in Other but are seeing the post in Emergency. The topic can be moved back to Other if you want, don't ever hesitate to ask for anything like that, you have kind of an ongoing urgent situation.
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Thank you for putting it emergency when you did! but now I guess "Other" is appropriate. But I've been wondering if there shouldn't be one specifically for Cancer? I guess there's a reason or there probably would be one, right?
And if it's not too much trouble, can you tell me how to connect a link to my posting? I found one about cancer care that I thought would be good.
And again, thank you for your information about diuretics, etc.
I really appreciate all that you do!

Karen
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Karen,

You can post a link by just copying and pasting it into your post. There is a URL tab above the reply section, but I have found that you can just c and p it and it is clickable when it posts.

I am guessing that there is not a Cancer category because the cancers fall under the other specific categories, but I am not really sure. When the other mods are on, they will probably know. It may be that no one has ever requested it and it might just be a valid consideration.

As always, you and your little one are in my thoughts and prayers.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Thank you Christine. It always makes me feel good to think you are thinking of "us".
I will try copying and pasting - I DO know how to do that! that's about ALL I know!?
And I do think a forum for pets with cancer is a good idea - that is, if there is no strong reason NOT to, of course.

Thank you,
Karen