using the search for member in private messaging

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
Bendy Kitty
Founding Member

using the search for member in private messaging

Post by Bendy Kitty »

ok, i know if i can find a post by a person I can PM them from there, but I can't always find posts.
So, I wanted to PM someone and used the "find a username" function. Except I couldn't get it to work. I tried the browse by letter, but the list that was displayed for the letter I selected was not sorted in any way, certainly not alphabetically, and I could not find a way to sort it.
I tried the 'search for user name' well, i could only remember the first half of the user name and apparently the search function looks for exact matches only so it wasn't any help.

is there a way we can make this more useful? even having the search by letter pull up a sorted list would be a big improvement.

thanks

Bendy
In loving memory of Bendy Cute Kitty 9/15/00-4/23/12

Meet the cats at Bendy's Home http://www.alittletlc.com"
CarolC

Re: using the search for member in private messaging

Post by CarolC »

If you use the browse by letter function, and click a letter, you can sort the list by clicking 'USERNAME". Try hovering over "USERNAME" with your mouse and I think you'll see what I'm talking about. Please let me know if that still doesn't do it...