Front leg paralisis BUSTER AND MOM

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
Tiffany

Front leg paralisis BUSTER AND MOM

Post by Tiffany »

Hello
I'm posting here because I cant log in as I was having trouble so I requested a new password then my computer crashed so I lost the E-mail with the new password so I just requested a NEW password but anyway. This is for Buster who was hit about 2 months ago and has now started chewing This might be stating the obvious but can he wear an E-collar at night that way The air could get at it and he wouldn't be able to chew it. They make extra long ones if your worried about him getting around it Eros still wears his whenever he isn't supervised He has to wear an extra long one. He hated it at first but now he has gotten kind of used to it. I still get the "Why are you doing this to me" look but he no longer shakes his head trying to get it off for the first ten minutes its on. One more thing, Are you giving his foot lots of sensation like massage tickle pinch tap? This MAY help the sensation to come back more Quickly but he might not want you to touch it at all in wich case I would definitely get him on some medicine for nuerological pain. They put Eros on Gabapentin but it didn't seem to make a difference and there are lots of side effects so I decided to take him off of it. Neurontin is another one and I'm sure there are many others. Eros has not bothered his foot since it healed the last time but I still make him wear the E-collar because he never touched it before either.
We hope this helps a little and We wish you the best of luck.
Eros and Tiffany

BTW If one of you guys (you know who you are) could move this to the right spot that would be great.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Front leg paralisis BUSTER AND MOM

Post by critters »

Neurontin is gabapentin. :) Buddy's taking it now, too, and it's helped him A LOT. I did have to reduce the dose because he couldn't move.

If your post is moved, then you can't reply; my vote says to just leave it here for a little while. I'll try to find the original post and put a note in it to look up here.