Shih Tzu Allergies

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
LGriffin

Shih Tzu Allergies

Post by LGriffin »

I have a 8 year old Shih tzu. In the past year she has chewed her paws and skin to where it bleeds and gets infected. She is itchy all the time. The poor thing is miserable. We have tried everything. I am wondering now if she needs doggy prozac. Currently she is wearing a cone in order not to tear her paws up. Help! Has anyone else delt with this problem with a Shih Tzu.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Shih Tzu Allergies

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

WELCOME to HandicappedPets! We ask for our newer folk to register so that you are able to post in the proper section, and we can "Bing" see your problem and jump right in there with suggestions.

And if you have any special knowledge or skill, please look over the posts of others, we are certain you will be able to help another who is seeking advice, understanding and comfort.

If you go up to the checkmark Register, it should lead you through the procedures fairly easily.

We are in the process of organizing thousands of posts, and that's why we ask you to become a "Member" so we can add you to our family!

WELCOME!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
critters
Founding Member

Re: Shih Tzu Allergies

Post by critters »

What's the basis of the chewing? Allergies? Neurosis? Nerve problems?

edit: Hmm. I see you say it's allergies in the title(thanks to CarolC :lol: ), but I'm wondering why such a hard time treating them? I guess you've tried pred, OTC stuff, etc? I doubt Prozac would fix allergies, although some of the older antidepressants are mild allergy reducers.