Pinched nerve in lower back causing walking trouble

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
Laurie ac

Pinched nerve in lower back causing walking trouble

Post by Laurie ac »

I have an eight year old large husky female dog. She has been diagnosed with having a pinchd nerve in her lower back. Her walking has been deteriorating over the last few months. She has had all the different drugs to make her pain free. The nerve which is pinched is making her legs like they are sleeping and she cant walk very good. We have made a wheelchair ramp for her to go outside as she cannot do stairs anymore. She also has some arthritis in the lower back. I need to find a way to help her become more mobile before she gets any worse. I dont know which product would fit her physical problems. She can stand ok most times but its like shes drunk on the back end.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Pinched nerve in lower back causing walking trouble

Post by critters »

Have you tried pred and several weeks of crate rest? She might still be able to come back.
Wise Owl

Re: Pinched nerve in lower back causing walking trouble

Post by Wise Owl »

boy does this sound just like Luka except Luka has pinched nerves in her thoracic area also..

I hope you check this again...please see if you can find a chiropractor for your dog. This can be relieved and heal....and yes the dog should be on rest only till she gets her back fixed up again.....Malamutes and Huskies....both sledding types....

Our chiropractor says it happens quite often in them. Try chiropractic before you buy a cart. You may not need it afterall. And that would be such a great blessing for her..and you.