original post Emergency, where to post now?

If you are having problems posting or do not understand how to use this board, please let us know here.
petJill13.8

original post Emergency, where to post now?

Post by petJill13.8 »

Original post in Emergency in Nov. No emergency now.
Jill is hanging in there but declining. Need input on long term use of prednizone, side effects and dosage. Rear end support not working well. Sores on both hind feet now due to dragging paws.Often needs help getting up but can walk inside...needs support outside.
Do I copy old post to new category and then update info?
Where would "long term meds" problems be posted?
Thanks and Happy New Year.
petjill13.8 and Mom
CarolC

Re: original post Emergency, where to post now?

Post by CarolC »

Thanks for taking such care to post in the proper category. Some questions may overlap categories, but that's OK. I moved your entire original thread from Emergency Forum to Mobility Forum so you can post an update on it without worrying about posting a non-emergency update in the Emergency Forum.

If you go to the Mobility Forum, you will find Jill's thread halfway down the second page. If you post an update on it, your thread will be bumped to the top of the first page. Mobility Forum seems like the best place for Jill's problems, although there is some overlap with Neurology and Other.

Hope this helps.
petJill13.8

where to post now?Picture?

Post by petJill13.8 »

CarolC
Some questions on how you learn to better use the posting forums.
Thanks for your fast response. Posted on Mobility category. Tried to add picture of Jill showing her dragging paws but lost the whole posting when I tried to attach it. Found the upload instructions but I am on a Mac mini not a Windows machine. Will try to print info and try again.
How do the pictures show near the names?
Is there a teaching memo/video that show you how to use the posting/forum?
What is a report?
Thanks for your help
CarolC

Re: where to post now?Picture?

Post by CarolC »

petJill13.8 wrote:Tried to add picture of Jill showing her dragging paws but lost the whole posting when I tried to attach it. Found the upload instructions but I am on a Mac mini not a Windows machine. Will try to print info and try again.
Whew! I don't know anything about Macs. :?: BethT, one of the other moderators, has a Mac, she may know. I'd suggest trying to upload a photo in the Test Forum down at the bottom for practice--just attach it to a message you don't care if you lose. If it works, then you can try it with a real message. I sometimes have trouble attaching a picture and have to do it more than once, but it usually doesn't blip my message, that would be really annoying. I hope you can get it to work, I would like to see her and how she walks.
petJill13.8 wrote:How do the pictures show near the names?
They call the little picture an avatar. If you click PROFILE (up at the top of the forum) and scroll down, you will see a place to load an avatar. You can either upload an avatar from the Gallery that is on this website (a bunch of little pictures of dogs and cats) or upload your own. If you have a picture of your pet you want to use, you have to first shrink the photo down to 80 x 80 pixels or smaller, with a file size of 6 KB or less, then store it on your computer. From there you can upload it into your profile and it will show under your name. If you have trouble shrinking your picture, let someone here know and one of us can try.
petJill13.8 wrote:Is there a teaching memo/video that show you how to use the posting/forum?
Yes! :) Actually, there are.

http://www.phpbb.com/support/tutorials/

There's also a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) up at the top of the screen, don't know if it will cover what you are interested in.
petJill13.8 wrote:What is a report?
If you see a message that you find objectionable you can click the yellow REPORT button and it flags the message for the moderators to look at. Nearly all of the reportable posts we get are in the section called Technical Problems Registering or Posting because that section can be used by people who haven't registered, so people who have no interest in handicapped pets sometimes post spam there, and the moderators know to watch for it. The time when reporting a post is a big help is if you see one in another Forum besides the Technical Problems Registering and Posting section, because we may not notice it as quickly. Thanks!

Hope this helps!
petJill13.8

TryMacPicture?

Post by petJill13.8 »

Let's try to get Jill to come up.
Attachments
PICT0017.jpg
petJill13.8

Re: TryMacPicture?

Post by petJill13.8 »

Yea 1 worked. Here is an inside picture
Attachments
PICT0026.jpg
petJill13.8

Pict okThanks Carol

Post by petJill13.8 »

CarolC
Your instructions worked fine to get 2 pictures up.Inside closeup is blurry.
I'll try picture near the name another day.
Thanks loads. Jill's Mom
(ps. I had copied my posting before I tried to attach a picture so all was not lost! "Better be safe than sorry" rings true again)
CarolC

Re: Pict okThanks Carol

Post by CarolC »

Hey, that's GREAT! What kind of harness are you using to walk Jill? Is it a rear lift (Bottoms Up) leash? Glad the pictures worked. :)