Loving Dog Needs Home ASAP

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
DogLover12

Loving Dog Needs Home ASAP

Post by DogLover12 »

Crash is a Chow mix that was adopted from a vet hospital. He suffered some kind of head trauma, no one knows the cause and he has some difficulty balancing and sometimes needs assistance. Crash behaves like any normal dog except for his inability to walk on his own. He goes potty when I walk him outside. He is OK for eight hours without having to go potty. He knows what "no" "laydown" and "quit" mean. He gets along very well with the other dogs, but wants to chase the cats when they tease him. He can climb the stairs when I hold on to his halter. And he also climbs on to his bed. It is a queen size bed with the box spring and mattress sitting on the floor. He is loving, affectionate and very smart. Attached is one photo of Crash.

Sharon Fraser, PH 1-530-367-5634
Attachments
crash.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Re: Loving Dog Needs Home ASAP

Post by critters »

:slant: Do you know where he is? It seems like he should be easy to place... That's a cute pic of him!! :D
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Crash is just beautiful! I rescued a neuro 14 y.o. deaf almost blind c rippled, unable to eat, well you name it. He needed a family to die with, all that was to be provided was hospice care. I said hey, that'll be a walk in the park compared to my lively bunch! So 2 days and 14 drivers later, from NJ to SC, he arrived. He has made an amazing recovery and doc says he has some good years left ahead of him if I could only get him to eat. My guy was hit in the head by a car as well. Eyeballs scarred from hemorrhages and still filled with blood. He has a nasty hard lump on his head. He was dumped on the side of the road and taken to the shelter. He was, I figure, a street dog prior because of the issues we have been working on and overcoming, like HUGS for starters. He used to fight them like crazy, now he comes and stands in my lap for them! He is very food aggressive, which is maddenin because he WON'T EAT! No one gets a treat anymore.
He truly is my easiest of the bunch.
These neuro pups don't ask for much, just a lot of LOVE. My new old guy puts me at 5, which is more than I am comfortable with because 3 are handicapped, 2 seriously. My guy falls over a lot too, but when he arrived, he could not walk nor stand. He now runs backwards, jumps, does stairs and jumps on the bed. Your Crash may just need some recuperation time and some good PT and care.
Any one can do this, and Crash may have already found YOU!
He is a beauty and you can see the life and happiness in his eyes and in his smile!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
DogLover12

Post by DogLover12 »

Crash is in the Sacramento, CA area. To find out more information please call Sharon Fraser, PH 1-530-367-5634