SWEET DISABLED CAT NEEDS HOME ASAP!!!!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
milasmomma

SWEET DISABLED CAT NEEDS HOME ASAP!!!!

Post by milasmomma »

Mila is the light of our live. She is so sweet and loving. She is a special needs cat for numerous reasons. Mila was adopted from a shelter by a no kill shelter. Then, we adopted Mila. At the begining of her life. She was playful and spunky. As Mila got older we used a certificate from the no kill shelter to spay her from on of their vet clinics. We decided to get Mila declawed at that time as well. When we went to pick her up they told us she had Mila loss of oxygen to the brain(gorked). Well after she returned she has never been the same. She began to act different. She stopped jumping. She then began to walk almost flat footed. She was a little skitish and would fall down alot when someone walked by her. Her symptoms continued to get worse. We took her to the vet got ex rays and the truth came out. Mila was given a diagonsis of hip problems(most likely birth related but unsure of cause). We were told to visit the best orthopedic surgen veternarian in the city. He was concerned Mila had FIV, he choose to do a spinal tap. She suffered more brain damage from having loss of oxygen. The tests came back NEGATIVE! So, our hearts told us to go on and fix her hips. We beefed up her lungs with steriods and went for both hips at once. She came out of surgery like a champ! Mila had to endure timeless amounts of physical therapy(administered by us). Now she walks!! Mila is still scared and falls over all the time. She definately has spine issues but she will walk for MANY years to come! Mila currently (in the last month) has decided it is too hard/uncomfortable to urinate in the litter box just right next to it. We are trying a cookie sheet today.She never has random accidents. She is so sweet. She never throws up or bites. She is almost uncat like in her personality. We love her so much.
** The issue.. we are a young couple who is splitting up and moving to big cities and work late nights. We cannot care for her nor should we in those conditions. She is our child and reminds us of one another. I have distanced myself from her because of the issue. Her home life is no fair! She needs help, patience and someone who will hold her on their lap for hours. We know we are stressing her out. Help us Help MILA!!

630-464-2133
bekat21@hotmail.com
Attachments
Da little mila.jpg
Bek and Mila.jpg
FYI

Re: SWEET DISABLED CAT NEEDS HOME ASAP!!!!

Post by FYI »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_code_630 wrote:Area codes 630 and 331 are coterminous area codes under the North American Numbering Plan in the United States that cover a portion of suburban Chicago
TenHouseCats

Post by TenHouseCats »

a spinal tap for FIV??????? or even for FIP, which is a more likely bad choice, as it IS the current misdiagnosis for the lazy vet....

will send to our main SN mom in the chicago area......

MC
Speuter Your Neighbors: Make a Real Difference!

MaryChristine
Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue among others
milasmomma

Post by milasmomma »

THANK YOU!!! She needs a good home!! We are moving in a few days.
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Lots of people are working on this as I type, so don't do anything hasty.

PS--We need to find out just what deadline we have, and if we are actively working on this would you continue to 'foster' her till we get it worked out?
milasmomma

Post by milasmomma »

Next Wednesday or Thursday would be great! But if need to extend until the weekend(Sunday) would be fine. I really appreciate all of your help. I had no idea where to turn. When I know she is being taken care of by someone who cares that will allow me to sleep at night. Thank you with all my heart. We wonb't do anything hasty!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

OK, I'll pass the word.
TenHouseCats

Post by TenHouseCats »

we can get Mila from chicago to mid-Michigan next weekend (the 22nd or 23rd), and we have an internal-medicine vet who could probably help us decide just what's going on with her--

BUT we have no real foster space for her, nor yet a forever home..... (i'm having back surgery the 23rd, so tho i'd ordinarily be able to hold her for a couple of days, that's not a really good idea now....)

SO--i'd hate to give up a single ride, without all the multiple drivers in most transports, if someone in the MI area can step up and take her in to foster or forever....

this dear has had enough trouble in her little life--let's try to get her a home!

MC

MaryChristine
phesina

Post by phesina »

Hello milasmomma and TenHouseCats, where is Mila going in Michigan? I'm just finding out about her now.

I live in Ann Arbor in a small apartment with four cats (one a CH boy, so I'm used to cats who fall over when walking). I would be delighted to foster Mila, at least. Maybe I can keep her.. I've also been following another HP cat who needs a new home.

I will send you both PMs with more contact info for me.

All the best,
Pat Murray
milasmomma

Post by milasmomma »

Dear Pat,
Thank you so much for you kindness. I think that Mila will be very happy with you. Whether or not you are her forever home I know that she will be cared for by someone who is familiar with a condition similar to her own. Thank you so much!

Dear tenhousecats.... can we still get her there this coming weekend? What is the next step for us to take!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

Kind Regards,
Rebeka Thompson(milasmomma)
TenHouseCats

Post by TenHouseCats »

i'll get back to both of you tomorrow, k?

is mila up-to-date on her shots? in order to cross state lines, she'll need a current rabies shot.
do you have a carrier for you, or should my friend bring one?

again, i'll respond tomorrow with more details!

MC

MaryChristine
phesina

Post by phesina »

What is happening? When and where is Mila arriving?

Pat
TenHouseCats

Post by TenHouseCats »

she's being met on sunday; so much is going on right now getting me ready for surgery, that the person who's picking her up hasn't had a chance to contact you--so she'll keep her for a couple of days until she can connect with you (she's gonna try and reach you today, i think--we spent all day yesterday getting stuff ready for my upcoming surgery)--observe her, etc.

MC

MaryChristine
lvpets2002

Post by lvpets2002 »

phesina wrote:What is happening? When and where is Mila arriving?

Pat
:angel: Many Congrats Pat on getting to take Mila in.. Our gang will be getting a Welcome package to you all.. Keep me pm with status ok.. :thankyou:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

TenHouseCats wrote:so much is going on right now getting me ready for surgery
I hope you will be able to return to the board soon.