Diabetic Purrsian, St Charles IL

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
TenHouseCats

Diabetic Purrsian, St Charles IL

Post by TenHouseCats »

oh, we've gotten a reprieve on this little darling: since this was written, they've started her on bietta (sp? byetta?) so that she is somewhat controlled; still looking for a forever home for her so that she can be coddled for the rest of her little furry life. well, so she's not so furry right now, she will be again! we DO have a sanctuary placement for her, but that's not the best, of course.

(doesn't she look like a little schnauzer in the second photo??????? she's so CUTE.)

contact info is below.

Hi,

My name is Stephanie and I spoke to someone yesterday reguarding a pure bred persian at my work. This wonderful girl was abandoned in a box by the river, so she was named river. She is spayed and front declawed. We had to shave her because her whole body was covered in mats. She will be gorgous when her hair grows in, she is a muted torti. She is around 8 years old and we just found out that she is diabetic. My boss doesn't want to start her on insulin just yet because we don't want to put her through the stress of 2 shots a day and checking her blood glucose if no one is willing to take her in. Also, it is very difficult to to regulate a cat's glucose in a high stress situation and we are not a 24 hr clinic so no one can moniter her over night if she dropped too low. Our vets know that she cannot go much longer without being treated and that is why I'm trying to find a spot for her somewhere. Thank you for your time and I included a few pictures. We took a lot of them but she is not the most photogenic kitty right now.

Thank you so much,

Stephanie
Clinic #: 630-377-6660
Cell #: 630-439-6203
slauren1@hotmail.com
River1 (3).JPG
River2 (3).JPG
River3 (3).JPG
Speuter Your Neighbors: Make a Real Difference!

MaryChristine
Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue among others
critters
Founding Member

Re: Diabetic Purrsian, St Charles IL

Post by critters »

:lol: Show-off!! You just HAD to do the multi-pic thing after I wrote out all the directions for doing it the other way!! :hysterical:

Do you mean DiaBeta?
TenHouseCats

Post by TenHouseCats »

actually, first i had to upload the photos to my puter from the emeow, then fiddle with them, THEN resize them--at first i thought i could only do one at a time (cuz the first one was too big,) then i just did what you said: follow the destructions!

don't know DiaBeta, tho i think i should......

MaryChristine
Diana R.

Post by Diana R. »

I have never heard of diabeta---what kind of insulin is that. My cat Charlie was on Glargine and is no longer diabetic. I would not mind having another diabetic cat---I have had two plus a dog who has since passed and know how to check blood glucose but am not sure that I should take another cat. Please keep us updated on her----to think somebody dumped her in a box by the river. Diana
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I think DiaBeta's a pill, but I'm too tired to look it up now. :lol: :sleepingdog: :countsheep:
TenHouseCats

Post by TenHouseCats »

oh, byetta is a non-insulin drug that is an injection--it's used usually BEFORE one has to actually go from oral hypoglycemics to injectible insulin. i think.

MaryChristine