Himalayan W/No Back Feet

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
meowser96

Himalayan W/No Back Feet

Post by meowser96 »

Born this way! Needs rescue ASAP, as her days are numbered; http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=11846698

Can you help or forward this to someone that might be able to help??
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Himalayan W/No Back Feet

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Stubby is also listed twice in Rescue Forum. Typically an animal goes to URGENT when we are down to days, at which time we can move the thread, so it doesn't get so confusing. Have you been in touch with the shelter? Often responses are made and an animal is moved off the 'kill' list. Should we remove the 2 threads under Rescue? Is she now urgent?

The benefits of a thread forum like this is that we can actually track progress, and we don't scatter our efforts. We can also find out if efforts are successful or not, which is so beneficial.

If someone would please contact the shelter and determine exactly how long this kitty has, it would be helpful.
There is also special_needs_rescue_cats a yahoogroup, that you could post this to. You will have to join the group in order to post.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
cbsmemds

Post by cbsmemds »

Karen,

I reviewed the thread and she only has 3 weeks to live. I would think that she would be an urgent rescue.

Just to spell out something that is often easily missed, the Forum Description is:

Urgent Rescue
For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days. Permission to crosspost is assumed unless you state otherwise in your message

In cases of life and death, folks who are in a position to help can often contact the shelters and indicate what efforts are being undertaken, as Jean did with Ranger, and the shelter was inclined to help Ranger live past his put down date because of the interest shown on this very message board. All you need is someone who can help, and you can let the shelter know Stubby might have assistance, or might not have assistanc.

We also now have three posts on this beautiful kitty. We just need to ensure we are not duplicating our efforts. It is preferable, once a dog or cat goes to the 7 day mark, to move the post from rescue to urgent, rather than start a new thread, so all efforts will be moved along with it. I see this a lot in LWARC. One person will post a dog, but because of the yahoogroup set up, we cannot track that dog, and have to go back and search, which often folks don't do, to see if efforts have been made on an animal. These forum threads are an excellent way to prevent duplications of efforts.

At LWAR-C our URGENTS are 48 hours :(
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
meowser96

Post by meowser96 »

Got this email from MaryChristine yesterday;

"just got off the phone with the shelter--

stubby is safe, and will NOT be subject to their time limit. they have committed to her as a special mission, and will NOT euthanize her under any circumstances. she's not out in the general populatoin, she's in the front office with the official shelter cat--she was an owner-surrender by folks who tried very hard to rehome her, in one of the situations that DO occur where they really had no choice. she's afraid of the other kitty, tho he rather enamored of her--she's still a little shy of the people, but is very affectionate and cuddly when it's quiet and she comes out.....

i'm not sure that she really needs to be an only cat, or that her shyness doesn't have more to do with being in a shelter environment, but i feel a whole lot better about her surivial than i did yesterday! they've had offers to foster her, but are really looking for a forever home.....

so we can take out the, "three-weeks," stuff, phew, but continue to keep an ear out for someone who could provide her a haven.

i was starting to really worry when the shelter didn't call me back or answer my emeow....

thanks!

MC"

This is EXCELLENT NEWS!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
MamaToManyCritters

Post by MamaToManyCritters »

Hello Everyone,

I received this email this morning from Mary Christine about this cat. Would someone be so kind as to tell me her location and the shelter she is at? I was not able to locate her on the Petfinder site? I am willing to take her however I have no idea where she is or any additional information on this darling baby. I would be so grateful for any assistance?

Thank you,
Shari Perkins
Certified Animal Care Tech
HSUS NDART Volunteer
Foster Mama Furry Friends Network
York, PA
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Hmm. You're right--her listing was pulled. :whale:
MamaToManyCritters

critters wrote:Hmm. You're right--her listing was pulled. :whale:
Thank you for the welcome! Yes, a newbie to this board. Received it in email this morning. Looks wonderful. I have one amputated cat and most of my others are special needs or special attributes. Would love to help this young lady. Any assistance would be met with many thanks. I look forward to being a part of this great board!

Many thanks to all.

Purrs and Wags,
Shari

Mama to 6 Woofs and 14 Purrs. :D
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I emailed MC; I don't know if she's heard more.
MamaToManyCritters

Thank you so much! I hope she is OK, and look forward to hearing something. I am more than willing to help her and give her a great home. Can do my best to set up Transport from MO to PA.

Would appreciate any updates at all.

Thank you so very much!

Shari
:thankyou:
MamaToManyCritters

FOUND HER!

She is listed on Petfinder. I did a search of Himys in MO and she comes up first. In Fulton, MO. She is listed special and will not be placed in a home with other pets. I hope she will find that very special someone as she is gorgeous!!

Best to Stubby! http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=11888117

Shari
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

I'm sorry, but I've got to say, Mari has a number of cats, some that drag their hindquarters, and they live together. Critters has a number of cats, one with CH who can barely walk, and she had one that dragged his hindquarters, and they all lived together. I have a paralyzed dog that is smaller than my cats and they live together. The shelter has its heart in the right place but they simply do not have experience with this so they do not realize this cat could live with other cats just fine. I wish one of you (Mari? Critters? Bendy? Diana? Jean?) who has this situation at home would email the shelter and tell them...?????? Could some of you do that??????? Just asking.....
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Agreed--that's bogus. Depriving somebody of siblings based simply on disability is WRONG, especially when somebody who's severely disabled is one most likely to need help a sib can provide. Where would Ari be without Cookie & MamaCat helping to wash her stinky little self??
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

CarolC wrote: I wish one of you (Mari? Critters? Bendy? Diana? Jean?) who has this situation at home would email the shelter and tell them...?????? Could some of you do that??????? Just asking.....
I just did it. Mari's offline because of Ike, but she'll probably do it next week.