Spina Bifida pup needs foster/home ASAP

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
oliviachichi

Spina Bifida pup needs foster/home ASAP

Post by oliviachichi »

Baby Girl is a 5-7 month old Bulldog/Boston/? mix. She is about 22 pounds. She was surrendered to our veterinary hospital a about 6 weeks ago and during that time it was found that she has a defect in her sacral spine area (possibly Spina Bifida). She is both urine and fecal incontinent. I have had a wonderful flood of volunteers working on her. She has had alpha stim, acupuncture, supplements, chinese herbs, craniosacral and other energy work (these things of course after conventional medicine was used to no avail).
We have recently begun using a diaper with her and it is working very well (especially since she has no tail!) She has such a wonderful disposition and just loves life. She doesn't mind being in the cage at the hospital, loves to eat and loves her treats. She would be fully vaccinated and spayed before leaving. I am in Cincinnati, Ohio and would be willing to transport her within a 100-150 mile radius.
Please help me help this wonderful dog. I wish I could take her but have already rescued many (that's is what happens when you are a sucker and a vet tech!!)
Thank you!
Shawn Combs
photos of her can be found here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/phawn2003/B ... QUKBLrdTKA#
critters
Founding Member

Re: Spina Bifida pup needs foster/home ASAP

Post by critters »

:slant: crossposting...
oliviachichi

Post by oliviachichi »

Thank you.
oliviachichi

Post by oliviachichi »

The folks at my work are getting very frustrated "dealing" with this pup. I am so afraid that she is going to have to be put to sleep. I hope so much that I can find a foster/home for her soon. If there is any interest or questions out there, please ask. I want to help this girl so much.
Thanks,
Shawn
oliviachichi

Post by oliviachichi »

Baby Girl had found a home! :D
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, Shawn that is WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did a local person adopt her? /Jean
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Jean we're working on her transport in the Transport Forum! Can you help? :) :)
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
oliviachichi

Post by oliviachichi »

No. Not local. I have to figure out a way to get her from Cincinnati to Ft. Worth, TX. I have it posted on here and I am in contact with a pilot on Pilots n Paws. She was jut spayed on Tuesday so the transport could wait a couple of weeks.
oliviachichi

Post by oliviachichi »

Just wanted to post that I am going to drive her down myself. I want to meet the adopter and see were she will be living. Thanks for all your help!