RESCUED!! - 2 BLIND BEAGLES - WAYCROSS, GA HIGH-KILL SHELTER

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Tinker's Mom

RESCUED!! - 2 BLIND BEAGLES - WAYCROSS, GA HIGH-KILL SHELTER

Post by Tinker's Mom »

5/28 UPDATE: This story is on its way to a happy ending...
Both dogs have been pulled from the shelter and vetted. The male's eyes were extremely infected but have been successfully treated. The female had one eye removed, and is HW positive.... and will be treated for that shortly. They are on their way to rescue and a chance at a happy ending in forever homes! :)
:D
==============================================================================

PLEASE CROSS-POST AND CONTACT PERSON INDICATED BELOW.... Thank you!!

Contact: Jane: 912-283-4214 (work), or: 912-550-1575 (cell).

=====================================================================
BlindBeagle_GA1.jpg
Hi;
My name is Jane, and I'm the Administrative Assistant at the Okefenokee Humane Society in Waycross, GA.

One day last week, I arrived at work to discover that some time during the night, someone had tied two incredibly sweet beagles to our gate and then abandoned them there. They are obviously brother and sister and are probably about 6 years old. Unfortunately, the female's eyes are terribly infected, and one is obviously beyond hope, and will have to be removed.

Not only is OHS a high-kill shelter, but we also do not have any money to cover the costs of even basic vet care.

I have attached photographs of these sweethearts to this email. Could any of you help them?

If so, please give me a call at: 912-283-4214 (work), or: 912-550-1575 (cell).

Thank you so much!

Jane

jane.keeler@yahoo.com (at yahoo.com)
Attachments
BlindBeagle_GA2.jpg