Nigel, Disabled Poodle in Elgin, ILL

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Nigel, Disabled Poodle in Elgin, ILL

Post by Christine »

CROSS POSTING...

Guys,

I desperately need help finding shelter for Nigel so that he will not have to be euthanized. I have sent the below plea out to sanctuaries, rescues and shelters that seemed like would be able to help, but have not found anyone to take this sweet little guy. If you could forward this to all of your contacts perhaps it will reach someone who can help.
I appreciate your help with this, Lesya

To Whom It May Concern,

I am contacting you from South Elgin, Illinois. The shelter that I work at (Anderson) has a dog named Nigel who is disabled; his back end is paralyzed. Nigel was to be euthanized today. I asked if I could try to find a rescue or sanctuary that may be able to take Nigel into their care. I was given the OK to do so.

Nigel is a 3-4 year Poodle mix who was abandoned at our doorway during the night. He was scared at first (understandably) but now trusts and loves the staff who love him in return.

Nigel is able to use the strength of his upper body to lift his back end and he does get around this way. He expresses himself when he has to potty. Nigel is playful and just wants to be given a chance to live!

Do you know of any rescues or sanctuaries that may be able to care for Nigel? We have transportation for him as many have offered to help in this way. Thank you for your time and consideration and if there is any other information you need from me please let me know. You can contact me at any of the following phone #'s.

C: 2247-623-4743
W: 847-697-2880 x: * 21
H: 847-854-5318

Thank you, Lesya
Attachments
Nigel3.jpg
Nigel2.jpg
Nigel1.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08