Urgent West Texas-NM foster home needed for downed corgi

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Urgent West Texas-NM foster home needed for downed corgi

Post by Bobbie »

Female, spayed, UTD on shots, etc, 4 years old, corgi was passed around a bit and is now in the hands of a rescuer who is having a baby on Monday. It isn't clear yet whether surgery might help or whether surgery will be funded, so right now the main concern is finding a foster home for this dog. I don't know if she is incontinent or not. She is under the auspices of a rescue so the foster family would not have to do the adoption- they could just foster. If interested please email me at carts (at) corgiaid.org and I'll pass it along to the rescue. She's in Clint, Texas but I imagine some transport could be arranged; I don't think she is in any condition to fly, however.
Last edited by Bobbie on Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
CarolC

Re: Urgent Texas foster home needed for downed corgi

Post by CarolC »

Bobbie, I looked up Clint, it's closer to New Mexico. Clint is by El Paso which is on the border to New Mexico. Close towns are Las Cruces and Alamogordo. You might advertise for a foster in NM too.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Urgent West Texas-NM foster home needed for downed corgi

Post by Bobbie »

Thanks, Carol, I added that to the title of the topic. We have a potential foster in Ohio but I don't know if that is going to work out or not, depends on available transport. Candy flew out to me as a paraplegic (from Ohio!) but he was long-since stable, not newly injured. I don't think you could fly a newly injured dog in baggage.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
CarolC

Re: Urgent West Texas-NM foster home needed for downed corgi

Post by CarolC »

Bobbie, pls check your PMs... :D