LA-area: blind cat needs foster/perm by SAT.

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
critters
Founding Member

LA-area: blind cat needs foster/perm by SAT.

Post by critters »

crosspost

BECAUSE PEOPLE SUCK! This is a DESPERATE PLEA: There is a cat which I would board over the Christmas Holiday for the last three years. We've known him since he was a kitten, BLIND and thrown in a garbage can, he was found by a young girl who had never been an animal person. Through a series of events, she decided to KEEP this little boy. NOW - OUT OF NOWHERE - We receive a phone call on Monday from this girl saying she is relocating back East and needs this cat OUT BY SATURDAY!!! As we who rescue all have large groups of cats in our catteries it would not be safe for this blind, stunned, little man to be dumped into a cattery room full of strange cats and foreign objects. He is 100% blind therefore we are in a panic to find a suitable foster or permanent home for him.

As I have babysat him now a handful of times I can tell you that he is quiet, calm, and extremely shy. He prefers a small area where it's quiet so an extra bathroom or guest room would do him fine. He does love a window to lay in, but otherwise you would hardly know he's there. Please, if you have a corner, spare room, or extra-bathroom where he could stay and feel safe, please contact me (Jennifer) [xxx]

This girl has already threatened to dump him at a shelter and we are afraid she will do this and leave town having not given us his location. We need a place for him quickly!

Please help this little boy. He's already been through enough in his 3 years of life. I would take him myself if my environment was safe for him. Please consider fostering him even just temporarily while we attempt to find a more permanent solution for this little guy.
critters
Founding Member

Re: LA-area: blind cat needs foster/perm by SAT.

Post by critters »

Thanks! He may have a foster in the works...