Sr. Poodle DEATH ROW hind legs won't work right!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Sr. Poodle DEATH ROW hind legs won't work right!

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

What slams me about this cross is this could be Angel tillman, whose outlook was far grimmer than this boy's. This sr is on DEATH ROW! PLEASE! Someone open your heart and your home! Cross for Petra!
From: Petra Brooks <newbeginningsanimal rescue@gmail. com>
Date: Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Subject: Hinesville, GA - Senior Toy Poodle with Disability on Death-Row!

Wally, the Senior Toy Poodle…

…needs someone to love him, despite his age and disability. I first met Wally when I went to Animal Control late one night to pick up 5 dogs for a transport to new homes. Wally had just arrived that evening and was a pitiful sight. He was lying curled up in a ball in a tiny, metal cat cage with nothing but newspaper as padding and howling, as in pain. I asked the Animal Control officer if he knew what was wrong with him but he replied that he didn’t know and that he felt it might be best to put him to rest. I opened the cage and softly spoke to the little fuzz ball. He immediately got up but that’s when I noticed that he didn’t seem to have much strength in his hind legs, as they kept sliding out from under him. At first I was afraid to pick him up because I didn’t know if he had been injured but when I finally lifted him into my arms, it was clear that the condition was not causing him any pain, just control issues. I imagine it might be neurological or some sort of paralysis but I am not sure. As soon as I held Wally and loved on him, his crying seized and it was evident that he had not been crying in pain but crying out of loneliness and despair. Before I returned him to his cage, I placed a blanket in it and it made me miserable to see how grateful he was for the old piece of cloth. I sadly looked at the Animal Control officer and told him that he may be right that eternal rest might be the answer for this little boy… Days later, I returned to Animal Control to once again pick up 2 kitties and a dog for another transport. When I walked into the office, I saw 2 little doggies running around and one of them was our lil’ Toy Poodle Wally! This time I had to laugh when I saw his funny walk because I knew that he was not in pain. Wally was quite happy to be out of the silver prison, calling an old, dirty doggy bed next to the desk his own. He was wagging his tail when he saw me and I immediately picked him up and rocked him. He is light as a feather and though he’s dirty, his little curly locks make him feel soft. His eyes look infected but he has a face as sweet as an angel and the innocence that is written all over that little face will bring tears to your eyes almost immediately. But who would want Wally, who is obviously a senior dog with a disability? Can YOU find it in your heart to let Wally live out his final years with you?

If you can help Wally, please contact Petra at newbeginningsanimal rescue@gmail. com or at 912-369-0424 after 6 p.m.
Attachments
Sr. Poodle Death Row.jpg
Sr. Poodle Death Row1.jpg
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
LisainCAN

Re: Sr. Poodle DEATH ROW hind legs won't work right!

Post by LisainCAN »

I have been looking for a small senior male dog, believe it or not. I wonder if we could get him flown up here? It was a just over a year ago that our precious (and mischievious) little beagle Georgia came to us ... from ... Georgia ... but that was an extraordinary effort and so many true animal heroes (Christine, take a bow) helped out.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Shall we try again?
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08

This truly would be a Christmas miracle. The clock is ticking for him. If you think you might want to, you might contact Petra and see ... um ... if he's still available :cry:
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
Christine

Post by Christine »

I tried to call and get no answer. I am leaving an email message in a minute.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Petra just called me back (I always forget about caller I.D.) She has been overwhelmed with emails and phone calls about little Wally. He is leaving for Pennsylvania on Friday and is being taken in by Angels Among Us. She said they are a wonderful rescue, a perfect fit and will take good care of him until they can find him a furever home.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/angelsamongus.html

Lisa, I told her what you said and that you might still be contacting her. Okaye, Karen....you got your Christmas miracle! I love happy endings! :wub: :wub:
?/1999 - 10/25/08
LisainCAN

Post by LisainCAN »

Yay! I do too. I had a crazy day and was only able to log on now but was thinking of little Wally.

I guess all you fine folks will have to find another little guy to ship up here ... :wink:

By the way, our Southern Belle, Georgia, has adapted quite well to the snow and leaps and bounds through it like she has spent her whole life up here. :lol:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Give my little god doggie a bunch a kisses from me!
?/1999 - 10/25/08

Oh, this is one of those that relief has you actually sobbing. This poor guy deserve sthe BEST!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!