German Shepherd in Kearney, NE area RESCUED!!!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: German Shepherd in Kearney, NE area has until Feb 15th

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

14 hours (plus a couple of hours for drivers to meet up & traffic & etc.) is NOTHING! One of my guys came from NJ to SC, 2 days, 14 drivers. Neuro, para, deaf, mostly blind 14 y.o. hit by car. They didn't think he'd survive the ride. He has made a MIRACULOUS recovery (but still can't get the so and so to eat) Another, we couldn't pull off a ground transport in time (he had a date with a shotgun in 2 days) so blinddog donatd $$, Charmaine Fedick donated FF miles, Peggy Jo drove him from Wyoming to Colorado and Sandy Dudley of Cairn Terrier Rescue fostered him for a week and flew him (under her seat) to Savannah. He's deaf and blind. Two other fosters came in ground from Texas. Deaf and blind both. 2 day runs both. Actually same drivers both.

The drivers on the RR remember the special cases. To be able to save a life by getting in your car and doing what you love is the BEST way to spend a day.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

This is the best news ever!!!! I know once the vet talks to Karen and/or Carol, he will know everything is alright. Betsy, you have done a wonderful thing.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

It sounds like Laura Bradshaw with Healing Heart is arranging the transport so she will be talking to him. But he has to agree and possibly the original owner has to agree, so that is the hope.

I think the same thing, Laura would be the best to speak of the transport, the care, the foster family. She can put doc's fears and concerns to rest in one call. HOPING TO HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
cricketsmom

Post by cricketsmom »

It's still a waiting game... Doc asked for 24 hrs before making any decisions. Keep your fingers crossed!
vet tech and pet mom
janew

Post by janew »

Hope it works out. I'll take him (if he is cat friendly) but I am in Rhode Island. I am long time vet tech with resources to give him whatever he needs.
jane
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

cricketsmom I sent an email to your 418 account, please check your email. A pilot from Pilots N Paws has offered to help if he can. They fly pets to rescue. They do not usually go as far as Ed is going (900 mi), usually the distance is half that or less. I am waiting to see if another pilot can fly him on a second leg. If so, it would get him really close to Kanab. If you and Laura have worked something else out to the vet's satisfaction please let me know, thanks. :angel:

Here are some photos of dogs in carts. I am thinking maybe the vet has only seen old dogs in carts and has not seen young active dogs?
www.petswithdisabilities.org
www.petswithdisabilities.org
Buckshot--see his story on this board
Buckshot--see his story on this board
www.eddieswheels.com
www.eddieswheels.com
www.eddieswheels.com
www.eddieswheels.com
puremutt

Post by puremutt »

all you people here are the best! :trophy:
mickey 1994- sept 26 ,2008

let all beings be happy
cricketsmom

Post by cricketsmom »

Ok... someday there will be a solution! But let me start with the good news: A wonderful thing happened yesterday and Ed is walking again! He's not 100% but unfortunately, he's making so much progress, that Healing Hearts is re-considering. I haven't heard the final word, but I'm pretty sure they want me to find placement elsewhere. The original owners have been contacted, and they still don't want him. So I've emailed the possible rescues that said they couldn't care for his condition just in case they will take him now that he's on his feet again. The vet okayed Healing Hearts, so I'm sure he will agree with other good options too. But I know he would like the dog out of the clinic as soon as possible. Ideas?????
vet tech and pet mom

Yikes, talk about the double edged sword! I'd put my money behind Healing Hearts. Any recover is a GOOD recovery. He may have a chance at a great life, and he is so close to achieving his goal. He is working so darn hard to SURVIVE! My God, his efforts bring me to tears. Yours do too, they really do.

HE FOUND YOU to save his life. He found YOU! I know you can't take him, but he is doing SOMERSAULTS to survive! Brings me to tears, really.
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Whew! I was so worried. Seems like the owner needs to sign him over to the clinic to surrender him officially if he still doesn't want him. At that point the vet can release him to you to board with your friend, which gives you more time to find him a home without being under so much pressure.

Thank goodness!
cricketsmom

Post by cricketsmom »

I have contacted Laura again to throw another plan in the mix for the board to consider. I asked her if it would work if my husband and I took him back when we moved, since my husband and I would like to move from our tiny place soon. Then we would have a bigger place able to house two dogs, and that way he would still be able to go and recover fully, but they would not have to worry about placing him, which was one of their concerns. Plus, if the foster family fell in love with Ed, they could keep him (as long as they send the occasional photo :wub: ), and either way, he would be guaranteed a permanent, loving home. She said she would call tomorrow and let me know everyone's thoughts, but this time I'm not going to say we'll find out anything for sure. I think I've said that the past three or four days now.... sorry... lol
vet tech and pet mom
Christine

Post by Christine »

Betsy, all I can say is....You are wonderful! :grouph:

and so is your husband!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

cricketsmom we have a possible pilot the second leg, will email info around 3pm CST, please tell Laura info is coming to you.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Carol! Great job :trophy:
?/1999 - 10/25/08