Woodstock, GA Sweet Teddy RESCUED!!!!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Woodstock, GA Sweet Teddy RESCUED!!!!

Post by Christine »

This sweet boy could be Reva's brother. He was rescued, but now is in danger again. See below.

Subject: NOT ADOPTED: Woodstock, GA: Owner Dropped Big Sweet Teddy to Be Euth'ed -
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:57:46 -0400

Sorry guys, Teddy's home in NC will not work out b/c he doesn't like cats. He's back on the market and here is the update:
UPDATE: Everyone, please RE-distribute! Teddy's adoptive home in Charlotte will not be happening. He showed some aggression toward the foster's friend's cat and the adopter has a cat, so that won't work. His foster says he is WONDERFUL!!! She loves him and he loves... her dogs, just no cats. Please spread the word again, he is SUCH a wonderful boy!!! Everybody loves him, and he may not be awful with cats, but the risk can't be taken, he has never been exposed to them before!! Thank you!!!! Teddy thanks you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----
To: Rescue
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:52 AM
Subject: [Rescue] Woodstock, GA: Owner Dropped Big Sweet Teddy to Be Euth'ed - NEEDS ASAP Rescue PLZ!

Seriously... what is wrong w/ people? It makes me want to throw-up (on the owner)! Plz crosspost - help them save Teddy!
From Erin:
An owner came in to kill his dog yesterday b/c he was no longer convenient! The owner has to be gone for 3-4 hours/day now at the hospital with his wife, so he wanted his dog killed. I explained that most of us pet owners have to work full time jobs and our pets have to be alone during the day for longer than that, b...ut we still don't dump them at unfamiliar locations to be put to sleep. He was mad that I even made him wait long enough to ask a couple simple questions.
I cried holding Teddy in the hallway and the doctor said he couldn't do it, but now Teddy can't stay in the kennel! Is there any rescue that can please help? He is neutered, maybe 8 years old, heartworm negative, parasite free....Did I mention he is over 100 pounds? He's overweight, very loving. Gets along with other dogs. I have to give the manager an update on help for him Thursday!!
Please forward this to everyone you know and have them contact me if they can help!! We just couldn't kill this poor dog, there is no medical reason to justify it! Thank you! He is supposed to be a Rottweiler/Shepherd mix. Erin

Attachments
teddy3.bmp
teddy2.bmp
teddy1.bmp
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Re: Woodstock, GA Sweet Teddy dropped off to be euthanized

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

What horrible crime would a human have to commit for this hideous fate!! Makes me sick!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

I am beyond frustrated here. I have written to Erin twice and recently to helpgashelterdogs asking for an update and no one is answering. Any suggestions...not ready to let it go.

I want to know that he is okaye or if we need to ramp it up some more. Why do people post these urgent pleas and then leave us hanging? What if it was someone who wanted to adopt him???
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

I finally found the vet office where Teddy was dropped off!

Butler Creek Animal Hospital.
3180 Acworth Due West Road Kennesaw, GA 30152

The girl I spoke with said that she is pretty sure he has been rescued as she thought Erin took him to a transport. She promised to have someone call and let me know for sure.

I will confirm when they do.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Christine, this TeddyBear just makes me cry. What makes us human anyway? Where is our human kindness and compassion.

How does this happen??
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
Christine

Post by Christine »

I made one more call as no one called me back. He definitely was placed!!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
CarolC

Re: Woodstock, GA Sweet Teddy RESCUED!!!!

Post by CarolC »

That's great! You definitely have an extra soft spot for these big old guys...he looks a lot like another one a while back... :)
Christine

Re: Woodstock, GA Sweet Teddy RESCUED!!!!

Post by Christine »

My local friends and I call him Reva's brother....she was right in there cheering him on from the Bridge!
?/1999 - 10/25/08