Sussex, VA 2 y/o hound with epilepsy IN DANGER!!!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Sussex, VA 2 y/o hound with epilepsy IN DANGER!!!

Post by Christine »

Crossposting for this little guy...just take a look at that little face! PTS date has been extended to 1/6/11 due to weather.

Oh my goodness, I met this dog today and he acts like a puppy. He's playful and adorable. Please don't let him die. He's just a baby.

tanner 2 yr old hound he is epileptic he has seizures from lack of exercise he
is very sweet sits on command and is full of energy

Please contact Shannon at 434-246-2167 if you can help in any way. Their lives depend on it...
Attachments
tanner.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Re: Sussex, VA 2 y/o hound with epilepsy

Post by MissWhiskers »

Thank you for posting this Good looking Guy! I wish I could take him but my hands are full with one of my own, plus one foster and about to take in another foster.
But PLEASE somebody take him!!

Karen
MissWhiskers

Re: Sussex, VA 2 y/o hound with epilepsy

Post by MissWhiskers »

I forgot to say that the dogs at the shelter where he is will be euthanized on January 6th - which includes Him - so please act fast!!

thank you,

Karen
Christine

Re: Sussex, VA 2 y/o hound with epilepsy IN DANGER!!!

Post by Christine »

Just received word that he has a $75.00 sponsorship now. Not a lot, but encouraging still. PTS date is 1/6/11.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

With Pam & Jacqui's help & support I am going to foster this dog until we can find him a great forever home! Please crossfingers and/or pray that he gets pulled from the shelter successfully tomorrow. And actually all the other hounds there that need rescue.I think there are 15 total. What do people have against hounds??!! \I am to pick him up the next day. If anyone is interested in him permanently please contact me!

thanks,

Karen
Christine

Post by Christine »

By some miracle, Karen and Jessica (another kind soul) pulled all 10 dogs and saved their lives. Now the big job is raising funds for their boarding and vet care. Pam (Troopersmommy) and her sister Jacqui Faye (the artist who donated a painting of Reva) are working to help in this endeavor too. Once we get more specifics, some of them may be listed here due to age or infirmities. Please keep Tanner in mind for a forever home as Karen is his foster mom now.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Tanner has been with me for almost a week now and he is a great guy! If anyone has any questions about him please let me know.
But basically he is good looking, very relaxed, doesn't do anything wrong!
Please help spread the word about him and hopefully we can find him a great forever home!

Thank you,

Karen
dshaw617

Post by dshaw617 »

How is Tanner with other dogs as I have a St Bernard who is very calm, but very playful.Is he house broken? I LOVE hounds and just had to put my beagle mix down last May :(. I live in Roanoke,VA.
Debbie
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Tanner IS housebroken and good with other dogs. He is pretty mellow - but if you want to play he's all puppy! I think he is a great dog and really want to help him find a great home! I am sorry about the loss of your beagle doggie! I have lost a few beloved pets in the past year or so and can sympathize.
I can't help thinking it is great that you live in VA!
By the way, I live in a condo and have one dog AND another foster dog (plus cats!)- OR I would want to keep him! I always knew I couldn't really keep him - just wanted to make sure his life got saved! A life WELL worth saving!!!!!
Thank you for your interest! I have sent you a private message and hope to continue talking with you,

Karen
dshaw617

Post by dshaw617 »

I am VERY interested in Tanner and look forward to speaking with you soon! :D

Debbie
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Here's the latest on Tanner! After many messages and a few phone calls, Debbie and I thought it sounded like Tanner would fit in with their housellhold. Wed, a couple of days ago, I drove Tanner 4 hours to Debbie's house in Roanoke, Va. We had agreed that she would take him for a trial period and if all goes well she will adopt him. After an initial barking standoff Tanner & Monty, Debbie's daughter's St Bernard began chasing each other playfully and having a very good time!! In fact I would not be surprised if it was the MOST fun Tanner has ever had!! I was sad to leave Tanner yet It really seems like a very good situation for him - so I hope that after a "trial" period that Debbie will call and tell me that he has a furr-ever home with them! Everyone cross your fingers for Tanner!!!
Christine

Post by Christine »

Awww, Karen, I can just picture that. Wish you had done a video, but you were probably too excited to remember to do that. I have not updated Tanner's title with the fact that you were fostering so that people would still check this thread as I know you are at maximum capacity. If I ever started fostering, I would probably end up one of the animal hoarders because I could never let them go! I admire you and so many other who do what you do. Fingers and toes crossed for Tanner.

Debbie...thank you for giving Tanner a chance - I hope he ends up being the perfect fit for your family! We will be looking forward to the final updates and....MORE PICTURES with his new family members :mrgreen:
?/1999 - 10/25/08
dshaw617

Post by dshaw617 »

Tanner a calm moment :)
Tanner a calm moment :)
Tanner is doing well, adjusting to our home. Monty is worn out as he has not had any other dog to play with here since Claude. We are working on some training (especially his lifting), walking without pulling (he is strong) and basic commands. Tanner responds well to training with treats. :) Pupperroni is his favorite, he throws and chases other treats, it's really funny. I attached a picture of one of his quiet moments. He matches his bed :)

Debbie
Christine

Post by Christine »

Oh...How precious!! He does match his bed! Have you tried Victoria's way of training them not to pull? As soon as he starts pulling, immediately turn and go the other way. You might get dizzy at first, but I've seen her work wonders with that. Also, the Gentle Leader leash is used by some people. Thanks for the picture. Do we have your permission to post it on Hearts to the Rescue under his story?
?/1999 - 10/25/08
dshaw617

Post by dshaw617 »

I'll try Victorias way and see how it works. Yes you may post this.

Debbie