10 y/o Shadow - Fully trained, including tricks needs home

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

10 y/o Shadow - Fully trained, including tricks needs home

Post by Christine »

A friend of a friend in Cherokee County is losing her home and is completely beside herself about not having anywhere to go and no way to keep her dogs. I know there is so many of them out there, but this has really touched my heart and I want to try to help in any way I can. The dogs are fully vetted, spayed/hw negative and very well trained. This woman is so worried about what to do, she has even contemplated having both dogs euthanized but she can’t find a vet that will do it.

The owner of these two precious senior dogs is about to be homeless and has no place for her animals to go. She needs to find a foster home before the eviction notice arrives.

The owner use to be a dog trainer. Shadow, who is 10 (the black one) is very well trained and does many tricks. Coco is 8 and just a sweetie. Both of these dogs have lived with cats and would be fine with them. They do NOT like other dogs that jump on them. (And who can blame them for that! - christine)

They don't want to adopt out to anyone that is going to crate, has small children or is unable to walk them. Perfect would be to try and adopt them together, but know that might not be a possibility. By the way, they are located in the Acworth – Canton area.

Please if anyone can help or has any ideas – let me know. Please forward to anyone you think might be able to help – Contact Sandy Cole directly if you can help these dogs. skcolemain@yahoo.com
Attachments
shadow.jpg
cocoa2.jpg
cocoa and shadow.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
troopersmommy

Re: 2 ADORABLE SENIORS' OWNER LOSING HOME - URGENT

Post by troopersmommy »

Yay! Another outstanding rescue story! I love to read these. :wub:
"When a child loves you for a long, long time...REALLY loves you, then you become Real." " Does it hurt?"
"Sometimes..When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

Words I live by from "Velveteen Rabbit"
Christine

2 ADORABLE SENIORS' OWNER LOSING HOME - MORE URGENT

Post by Christine »

This is very upsetting...Just received word that they HAVE NOT been rescued after all. Sandy informed me that these two dogs are still not safe yet. She needs to find a foster home before eviction notice arrives. Please contact Sandy Cole directly if you can help these dogs. skcolemain@yahoo.com
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: 2 ADORABLE SENIORS' OWNER LOSING HOME - URGENT

Post by Christine »

I edited my original post about Shadow and Coco with the new information I have received. I was given incorrect information that they had been rescued, but they are still in need. Keep in mind that "there but for the Grace of God, go I". This lady is going through some real heartbreak because she has to give up her precious pets. Please crosspost if you cannot foster or adopt.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: 10 y/o Shadow - Fully trained, including tricks needs ho

Post by Christine »

Thankfully, Coco has been placed, but Shadow is still in need of another home. He is such a wonderful little guy. As you read above, his mom was a dog trainer and he is her star student. Please crosspost fast and furiously for him. He will make a wonderful pet and his mom will be able to concentrate on getting her life back together if she knows another of her two babies is safe and happy.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: 10 y/o Shadow - Fully trained, including tricks needs ho

Post by Christine »

Shadow is still looking for another home. Just found out that he also plays the piano!!! Please continue to crosspost him.
?/1999 - 10/25/08