Chesapeak, VA: 7 y/o down doxie in danger of PTS

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Chesapeak, VA: 7 y/o down doxie in danger of PTS

Post by Christine »

I just got off the phone with Chrissy, the owner, and she said that she has received both a phone call and a text from interested parties, but nothing is solid yet, so don't stop crossposting. If anyone here is a member of Dodger's List, would you please post her there?

CONTACT INFORMATION
Chrissy Haines has given me permission to give her email address which is mch100876@gmail.com and here is her phone number again - 724-454-6266.

She told me that this little girl has been spayed and is not on heartworm medication (people have asked.) She also mentioned that she is starting to chew on her foot, which the vet says could either be the nerves awakening or that she is bored and/or stressed from being at the vet. I suggested that she ask the vet about possibly giving her gabapentin neurontin.

Chrissy and her family know that there are people trying to find a home for her. Besides someone stepping up, please keep in mind the transport possibilities. One of the persons who contacted Chrissy lives in PA, which is where Chrissy and her family are on their way back from now. It would have been great if she could have brought her to a new home during their trip, but she does say that she would transport her as far as PA .

"Chrissy's original message:

"Subject: I need help with my doxie

Hello,

I am writing to you to see if you or someone you know could be of
some help to me. I have a loving black dachshund that is 7 years old.
She just recently cannot use her back legs due to pinched nerves.

She has been recieving lazer treatments and has been at the vet since
November 11. They are keeping her there because I have two small
children and am not able to take care of her. We were going to put her
down, but I am so heartbroken.

She is improving a little with the treatments. I am unable to keep her. My husband and I work opposite shifts and my kids are too little now to take care of her and they need my attention. I was wondering if you or anyone you know has room to take her as a rescue dog?

I live in Chesapeake, Va but am willing to travel up to 3 hours to find her a home. I just moved here from PA and and even willing to travel to PA if you know of anyone.

I will have to put her down on Monday if I can't find a home for her and I am so distraught about that. She is still a perfect dog except for her back legs. My number is 724-454-6266. Please let me know either way.

Thanks,
Chrissy Haines
mch100876@gmail.com"
Attachments
down doxie.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08