Elizabethown, NC: Young blind cat needs rescue

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Joyce

Saved! Elizabethown, NC: Young blind cat needs rescue

Post by Joyce »

Missy is a young cat that is blind in one eye and the other has very limited vison. She is running out of time at the Bladen County Animal Shelter in Elizabethown, NC. Please call the shelter (910)876-0539 if you can help Missy, and crosspost to help save this baby.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21777399
Attachments
a Missy blind caat Elizabethown.jpg
Joyce

Re: Elizabethown, NC: Young blind cat needs rescue

Post by Joyce »

Missy is safe :D
Jean

Post by Jean »

Joyce that is GREAT. Missy is such a pretty girl. Blind cats can make wonderful pets !!!!!!!!
Are you the Joyce from LA ??? I was just wondering. I'm on Special cat rescue on Yahoo and I just received the email about the beautiful 3 year old Tortie with the injured leg who is in a high kill shelter in CA. I haven't learned to post pictures but if you are the LA Joyce I was just wondered if you had heard about her. She is also a beautiful kitty. They say she is in terrible pain and is getting so depressed. It is so sad. :cry: /Jean
PS: I will email Christine and ask her to post the injured little beauty !!!!!!!
Christine

Post by Christine »

So happy this little is safe. Such a sweet face.

I have posted the little tortie...the picture of her cowering in the corner is just heartbreaking.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

No, I'm in Ohio. CA sure sounds much better this time of year though! Will help get word out on the little tortie, poor baby
Jean

Post by Jean »

Thanks Christine. I know we can't save them all but it seems only humane to at least keep her comfortable. Can you imagine having your leg broken and being kept in a cage with no pain meds or medical attention for days at a time. That is just NOT right. I guess she was likely picked up as a stray since she is injured. When I adopt a stray I always wish they could tell me their story. But, then, my vet says that I probably wouldn't want to know all the details. sigh
Surely, someone has some connections and we can get her to a safe place. I can make calls or send emails to make that happen. I just don't know anyone is CA. sigh I know that Mari has said that you have to act fast on these emails since high kill shelters only keep them the bare minimum amount of time. Any ideas guys ???? /Jean
Joyce if you think Ohio is bad you should try Kansas.