Gardena, CA: Sweet Gentle Senior Blind Shar Pei at risk

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Gardena, CA: Sweet Gentle Senior Blind Shar Pei at risk

Post by Christine »

January 4, 2012
PTS DATE ASAP!!!! CA, Gardena Blind Senior Shar Pei

Male Chinese Shar Pei
Blind
Approx. 9 years old
Cage # C318

The Heigl Foundation Networking program is pledging $150 for A4379819 @ the Carson shelter.
IMPORTANT: To qualify for this donation your rescue organization must already be approved to receive Heigl Foundation Networking Program donations and you need to email network@jasonheiglfoundation.org before you rescue the animal.

From a shelter volunteer:
He is so sweet, last night I was putting blankets in all the cages even the larger dogs and he was sleeping and I laid the blanket on top of him and he only flicked his ear. I don't know how some of the dogs can sleep with all the barking sometimes. The shelter closes at 5pm, I'm working but I'll try to get there to take a picture or video for you. If not it will need to be tuesday night.

216 W. Victoria St.
Gardena, CA 90248
(310) 523-9566
ID# A4379819Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Closed Holidays
Attachments
sharpei4.jpg
sharpei3.JPG
sharpei2.JPG
sharpei.JPG
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: Gardena, CA: Sweet Gentle Senior Blind Shar Pei at risk

Post by Jean »

Oh, that poor, poor old soul. To be in a shelter and be old and blind. Bless all those shelter volunteers that keep them comfortable. sigh
I adopted a leuk+ kitty about 10 years ago that was located about 3 hours away. When I started home with Lovey I was so overwhelmed by the barking of the dogs at the shelter that I didn't turn on the radio or anything the entire drive home. I was so auditory overwhelmed. To have to stay in those kennels for days at a time :cry: but hopefully he is at least a little deaf.
I sure hope he find a place where someone will love him his last few years./Jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

Just got the wonderful news....SHE is safe! This from her rescuer:
RESCUED!!! Gina Lynn This precious angel is resting peacefully on my bed! I just sent an e-mail update to all the people who I have e-mail addresses for and will post to my FB page now so friend me if you haven't received.... Will also post pic to Elise's wall now!

Gina Lynn Oh, pledges can be Paypal'd to me at mapenzi@.... Vet tab is $246 so far and still counting (pending bloodwork results). If she goes to Double D, balance of funds will go with her.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, that is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!! After sleeping on that cold hard floor at the shelter a warm soft bed must feel so good !!!!
Did the shelter volunteer take her ? She acted like she really cared about her.
I'm so glad she has found a home with someone who cares about her./Jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

Think it was a different person, but you can tell she just loves her. :o)
?/1999 - 10/25/08