Sly..tuxie with nerve damage to bladder and tail

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Sly..tuxie with nerve damage to bladder and tail

Post by Christine »

Please Cross-Post widely! Oh, guys...this is the sweetest cat ever. He makes biscuits while he is being expressed. I will add more information when I get it from Adrienne. Look at this precious boy!

Urgent help needed for Sly!!!

Sly has a broken pelvis and tail. He was likely hit by a car and survived outside for two weeks after he was hit! However, the accident has left him with nerve damage to his bladder and tail. He can walk and he uses the litterbox to defecate, but he cannot urinate on his own, and he cannot move his tail. He needs a very special foster person who would be willing and able to express his bladder three times a day. It is still uncertain whether the damage to his nerves will be permanent or temporary, but we sure want to give this amazing kitty a chance. He is such a gentle and sweet little man...he loves to do happy feet and even kneads when you are expressing his bladder.
Check out his youtube video here:

I have 2 days to try to get something in the works for this sweet soul or he will have to be euthanized. He is fully vetted, neutered, tested for FELV/FIV, dewormed, and he will be vaccinated. He is otherwise completely healthy. Transport available within New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Maryland. (He is in Secaucus, NJ)
Please contact Adrienne at squeezycat2005@aol.com or 201-867-4795
Attachments
sly2.jpg
sly.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Re: Sly..tuxie with nerve damage to bladder and tail

Post by MissWhiskers »

Oh What a Beautiful and sweet boy!! :wub:

MissWhiskers
Jean

Post by Jean »

Christine did they find him a rescue ?? He is sure a beautiful and loving kitty./Jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

Just got this confirmation...did not want to check him off until I knew for sure.
Hi everyone!

I'm so happy to say that Sly was picked up by his new foster home on Thursday. He was having some trouble with diarrhea, probably due to all his medications, so I postponed him being picked up from Tuesday to Thursday. Then I just wanted to make sure he was doing "okay" in his new foster home, and it sounds like he is! :)
Thank you all so much for caring so much about him. I will keep you updated on how he is doing!

Many thanks again for rescuing and helping all the special kitties!!! You are all wonderful people!

Adrienne
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, Christine that is wonderful!!!!!!!
Sly is a very lucky fellow.
Adrienne sounds so dedicated. Is she the shelter manager??/Jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

Not really sure, but I am guessing she is JUST a volunteer since the contact was a personal email and not the shelter itself. Sly is so fortunate that Adrienne made him her mission. (I could watch his video over and over.)
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Christine,
Do you think the person who is taking Sly knows about this web site? I don't know how experienced they are - but I know this site was EVERYTHING to me when I had my sweet angel Whiskers (quadriplegic kitty)!

Karen
Christine

Post by Christine »

I don't really know. I would assume that since Adrienne talked about expressing him that she knows that the person who takes him would also be knowlegeable, but maybe you could drop her an email and suggest us.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Just thought you all might like to know about the person responsible for saving Sly. We surely do meet some great people through this site and in rescue.
Thanks so much for all your help with this little guy and for posting him for me! I'm just now getting to write back individually to those that offered help! :)
I am the head technician at the Secaucus Animal Hospital. www.secaucusvet.com. I've been there for 15 years and I run the adoption program out of the hospital. www.happyfeet.petfinder.com. Sly came in as a little stray by a resident in town and although we do try to help many of the kitties that come through our doors, our hospital manager didn't feel we could financially take on Sly on a long-term basis, so the decision was made that if a foster home was not found that he would be put to sleep. So I got on trying to get him out there on the web as fast as I could!!! Thank god for the power of the internet, and for wonderful people like you and Karen!

I will keep you updated on Sly's progress if you would like!

Please don't ever stop helping the kitties you help! It makes the world a better place!

:)
Adrienne
?/1999 - 10/25/08
MissWhiskers

Post by MissWhiskers »

Oh dear, Sly is in trouble please see emergency forum - if not already posted there I will post now!

Karen
Christine

Post by Christine »

Sly needs financial help dealing with his issues - any tiny bit will help. Thank you.

[chipin]a647540b7ad50276[/chipin]
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Wonderful update on Sly. I will post the recent pictures once Adrienne sends them to me.
I just wanted to give you all an update on Sly! He has done amazingly well and is all ready to go back into his foster home! He is defecating all on his own and normal amounts every day! He still needs to be expressed 4 times a day but it is now very easy and he is such a good boy about it! He has put on some much needed weight, he plays every day with his mice and loves to tunnel under his papers in his cage. Otherwise you can catch him resting all sprawled out on his bed! Here is a picture of his new latest thing which is climbing the cage doors in the hospital preop area to get to the top! He climbs two rows of cages!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Here are Sly's latest pictures showing his acrobatics and cuddling with a pal. What a "comeback kid"!
Attachments
sly 1.JPG
sly and pal.JPG
?/1999 - 10/25/08