Charlotte, NC: 5 y/o black male cocker w/special needs

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Charlotte, NC: 5 y/o black male cocker w/special needs

Post by Christine »

It is with much regret that I ask for your assistance. The Humane Society of Charlotte suggested that I contact you regarding my little boy. I have a neutered Cocker Spaniel that is almost 5 years old. I got him at 6wks old only to find out that he had every type of medical problem imaginiable. After I had him 3 days, I had to take him to the emergency vet because he was so sick. Turns out, his entire body had some type of infection, including Sarcoptic Mange and Coccidia. In order for him to be treated, I had to pay $800 as a deposit, which I did and then there was an additional $800 for his treatments.

That being said, since that time I can't even begin to count the $$ cost of trying to keep him healthy. He has inhaled allergies, skin allergies & food allergies. (Temaril-P, antibiotics and medicated shampoo/baths regularly). On top of the financial strain that I am under because of his ongoing issues, he also has behavioral issues as well. I attribute a lot of his "attitude" problems to being terribly traumatized when he was a baby, they stuck things in every part of his little body. He does not like to have his ears cleaned or medicated, he cannot stand to have his eyes cleaned or topical medicine put on him anywhere and yes, he bites. He bites when trimming the hair around his eyes and he has to be sedated when he goes to the vet to be shaved, nails trimmed or anything thats done around his groin area.

Yes, I LOVE him dearly but I am drowning in debt and his issues continue to mount up. Others have suggested that I put him down and I have contacted several Cocker rescues to no avail. The last thing I want to do is put him down because I do love him so so much but I can no longer afford to take care of him the way he needs to be taken care of. If love was enough then there would not be an issue but.......

Please help me, I need to surrender him asap and I'm certain that you can address his behavioral issues. He is very loving and playful MOST of the time and he could bring someone a lot of joy, which he has done for me. He is also very protective of me and when he gets scared, he will sit on my feet, it's really cute!

Please contact me via email during the day, it is the best way to reach me. I appreciate your assistance with my boy~

P.S. He is solid black (curly beautiful coat) with a bit of white on his chest, quite a beauty!

Thank you,

Robin Safrit
704-579-1553
robin.safrit@lincolnharris.com
Attachments
buddy3.jpg
buddy.jpg
Little Buddy.bmp
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08