New York: Robert, Paraplegic Dog Needs Second Chance

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! New York: Robert, Paraplegic Dog Needs Second Chance

Post by Christine »

This picture just goes straight to my soul...
Media Contact: Marcy Rydd, Pets Alive

March 3, 2012

New York – Surrendered to the shelter as a stray on February 26th, 4 year old Robert had a ruptured disc, could not walk on his own and was in constant pain. With lacerations on his head and legs, it was presumed that he was hit by a car. In the shelter Robert waited four days, with no treatment. On February 29th, he was scheduled for euthanasia, and Pets Alive, an internationally recognized no kill organization, rescued him. Now he is recovering from the surgery that might help him walk again.

marcy@petsalive.com
/ 845.489.0992
Attachments
robert.JPG
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: New York: Robert, Paraplegic Dog Needs Second Chance

Post by Christine »

I love to share happy endings...especially this one. This dog's eyes just bored through my soul....so forgiving and proud and dignified regardless of what he had been through.

The National Examiner wrote a story about him here with another sad picture, just as poignant.
http://www.examiner.com/american-pit-bu ... nasia-room

I am also sharing a recent picture of his robust and happy self with his new dad, Joe. Thank goodness for wonderful rescues like Pets Alive. Take a look at their Facebook page (don't think you have to be a member) - Robert is their masthead picture.
https://www.facebook.com/PetsAlive#!/PetsAlive
Attachments
sweet robert.jpg
robert's story.jpg
robert and pal.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Christine,
Thanks for the update on this doggy.
I'm so glad the fellow got a second chance !!!!!Jean
steveosiris

Post by steveosiris »

So happy to see this pup has found a new home, and I was able to check out his facebook page, and he looks great! Always nice to hear a great story like the one about this very fortunate dog. :) Stories like this are a true miracle, and are proof for me that God is great.
Steve Osiris - I am a happy dog owner