Minnesota: Kilo, lovable Doxie w/wheels to be PTS in 9 days

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Minnesota: Kilo, lovable Doxie w/wheels to be PTS in 9 days

Post by Christine »

Paralyzed Dachshund Needs a Home ASAP

Posted on March 20, 2012 by Barbara Techel
I was recently contacted by Lisa from Home For Life Sanctuary which takes in special needs animals. They were contacted by Alex asking if she could take in their paralyzed dachshund. They are unable to at this time because they are full, so she contacted me to see if I knew of anyone who would take in this dachshund named Kilo. I offered to help by sharing on my blogs and Facebook in hopes of finding him a home. If he does not find a home by the end of the month the owners will be putting Kilo to sleep.

Here is what I know:
Kilo is in Minnesota, in a suburb near the Twin Cities. He is 6 years old and has been paralyzed since he was three years old. He is incontinent so he does need to be expressed. He was also badly bitten by another dog and had to have emergency surgery on his trachea (though not sure when this was). He is not neutered. Alex, his owner says he is a dog that loves to sit on your lap and will be waiting for you at the door when you come home- happy to see you. He does have a wheelchair, which will go with him, as well as any medical records you may want.
I don’t know how he became paralyzed or why the owners are unable to care for him any longer.

If you are interested please email me directly and I’ll forward Alex’s email and phone number for you to contact him directly –
contact me at Barb (at) joyfulpaws (dot) com.
Attachments
kilo4.jpg
kilo3.jpg
kilo2.jpg
kilo.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: Minnesota: Kilo, lovable Doxie w/wheels to be PTS in 9 d

Post by Christine »

Now that was fast! Just the way we like it!!

Take a look at this great blog and website about Frankie the Rock and Roll Dog and her owner.
Update on paralyzed dachshund needing a new home. I heard from Kilo's owner today and they have found a shelter for him to go to with a vet tech who has three other special needs pets. Owner will be making regular donations to the shelter to care for Kilo and Kilo will have an owner who can take the best care of him. THANK YOU everyone for your help!! http://joyfulpaws.com/2012/03/paralyzed ... home-asap/
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08