San Luis Obisbo CA, two siamese

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
TenHouseCats

San Luis Obisbo CA, two siamese

Post by TenHouseCats »

1) we've got an older lady cat, roughly 10 years old. http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SLOC.A183707.

someone just spoke with the shelter director, and this is what she said: " "The old girl is not fixed, and she is not doing well. She was used to an older woman for her 10 years, and upon intake became aggressive. She is not eating and they are thinking they may have to euthanize her. They really do not understand the Siamese. Someone from the public would have to adopt her pretty quick, but again they would release her to a rescue, (not fixed)"

none of the purebred rescues on the left coast have any room for her, as there are just not enough fosters--especially for the undesirables. if someone is in the area and could provide her a home for her final years, let me know, as we might be able to pull.

2) a young boy, who was pulled from the adoption floor because he has an URI. info from the woman who has been in touch with the shelter is, " "They have had him on medications for 5 days and now he will not tolerate them any more. He is becoming quite hissy and upset.
He is fixed, but Animal Services is believing he may be semi feral, other than being trapped, I do find it hard that he is semi feral, since his coat looked good on intake." http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SLOC.A183321

no room for him, either, tho he's more desirable because he's young....
Speuter Your Neighbors: Make a Real Difference!

MaryChristine
Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue among others
TenHouseCats

update: San Luis Obisbo CA, only one siamese

Post by TenHouseCats »

my friend went to the shelter today, and they had euthanized the grande dame, sadly.

the little boy (well, not really little, tho they think he's only about 8 months old has his uri, and is acting out.

"Now for the Blue Eyes Boy, who is already neutered, has all of his shots, and they were trying to tell me he was semi-feral, well WITHIN 10 Minutes, he was purring up a storm!
He has the attitude of a typical teen meezer.
He is no more than 8 months old. A baby acting tough in the situation he is in.

HE is going to be such a love, love bug!

I did show the kennel master and she was amazed, but I may have bought him some time.

He is urgent."

i don't know if they've found meds that he can tolerate; he's just way too young to die for having caught a cold in a shelter!

MaryChristine
TenHouseCats

Re: San Luis Obisbo CA, two siamese

Post by TenHouseCats »

the little boy http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SLOC.A183321 is no longer sick, nor is he showing any signs of being feral: "Within 5 minutes, this boy was letting me pet him relaxing and purring up a storm. I had Andrea [shelter manager] come over and see. He has been trapped, then grabbed to be tested, and neutered, brought back and got sick, then they go in and clean and grab him to medicate. He is done with it, and just wants some time for gentleness. I will say he is not sick now and looking very good."

HOWEVER, a seizure situation has arisen, and they'll be getting in way too many cats later this week, so he is URGENT because of space, not for illness.

thanks for continuing to read these bulletins; he's just way too young and now happy to die for space. transport can be arranged.
Attachments
get_image.jpg

MaryChristine
TenHouseCats

more siamese in San Luis Obisbo

Post by TenHouseCats »

big blue, the teenaged meezer is still at the shelter--as are two others since yesterday. rumor has it that someone is "reducing their stock," and that more will be coming in this week. because it's such a small shelter, all the cats are going to become urgent.

there's one group that MIGHT take the ones that are breeder dumps, but not sure yet. i will post photos later today when i find out if any more have been dropped off.

big blue will be one of the first to go, as he's been there the longest of the siamese.

MaryChristine
TenHouseCats

Re: San Luis Obisbo CA, two siamese

Post by TenHouseCats »

more siamese HAVE been dropped off at this shelter system; waiting for call-backs; will check later today or tomorrow.

MaryChristine
TenHouseCats

UPDATE: San Luis Obisbo CA, two siamese

Post by TenHouseCats »

big blue, the original kitty, is now in a foster home, so he's essentially safe.

MaryChristine