Green Cove Springs, FL: Precious senior shepherd

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Green Cove Springs, FL: Precious senior shepherd

Post by Christine »

This sweet little grandma dog with some hip issues was just brought in...she will probably be passed up for puppies..please crosspost for her. Just look into her eyes. She just looks weary.
<WeLuvGSDs@gsrfl.com>
Date: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 1:35 PM

Medusa was dropped off at the shelter yesterday as a stray. She is probably 12 plus. She has hip issues as well. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
medusa.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: Green Cove Springs, FL: Precious senior shepherd

Post by Jean »

Christine did you get an update on this older girl?
She sure deserved better than to be dumped at a shelter.
I just took in (2) 11 year old cats from my local humane society. Their time was up and they were scheduled to be ethanized. They both were surrendered by their owners. Sammy has both of her ears cut off. Taffy is a tripod. They are both such sweet, sweet cats. Their owners were moving and couldn't take them. sigh It is so hard on the older pets. Neither one of them would eat for days. Sammy is finally eating Fancy Feast medley's. Taffy will only eat canned Tuna. Hopefully, I can get them onto better food eventually but for now I'm just glad they are eating something. I have heard that many older cats develop hepatic lipidosis after they end up at a shelter because they are just so depressed that they just won't eat. We certainly don't want to go down that road. sigh
Christine

Post by Christine »

I am writing to find out and I will post here. I usually do a better job of following up, but sadly there are so many lately. It breaks my heart to see that an older pet is just turned in - how can people do that to a soul they have shared so many years with - how can they look into their eyes and walk away????
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Happy, Happy....Joy, Joy!! A rescue has saved her according to Mr. Roland.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, my gosh !!!!!! That is 3 in a row !!!!!!!!
Thanks for the update Christine!!!!!!!! /Jean