URGENT SENIOR Weegie/Cat - KILL SHELTER - DC METRO

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
RenaRF

URGENT SENIOR Weegie/Cat - KILL SHELTER - DC METRO

Post by RenaRF »

SUPER URGENT - KILL SHELTER, and OUT OF TIME - DC/METRO AREA. This gorgeous WeegieX, Buddy, came into the shelter infested with fleas. She is feeling very good after her bath. She is an older girl and was clearly once someone's pet. She doesn't have any teeth left, and she's spayed and has been given her vaccinations at the shelter. She will also be combo tested before release. We presume an elderly person who either died or was moved to a nursing facility and this girl was booted out into the street where she could barely care for herself. She is at PG Animal Management Group. She deserves so much better but the shelter is brimming with nice cats and they won't hold anyone past their time. Please email me - renarf@comcast.net - if you can save this girl! I'll help with logistics!

I've placed her in the URGENT folder. I don't think she even has the seven days left to find rescue or adoption that "Urgent" denotes. :( This is a very high kill shelter. PLEASE share this - or even better - step up to get this girl out!!

RenaRF

Re: URGENT SENIOR Weegie/Cat - KILL SHELTER - DC METRO

Post by RenaRF »

I should have mentioned - the shelter says she's 11-13 years old and otherwise in good health. She has a great disposition as well - very calm and sweet.