Cabot, Arkansas: Max Blind/deaf dachshund dumped in shelter

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Cabot, Arkansas: Max Blind/deaf dachshund dumped in shelter

Post by Christine »

This poor little one does not understand where he is, where his owner went and waits for someone to return...
Cabot, Arkansas: STILL URGENT!! - BLIND/DEAF DACHSHUND!! - PLEASE HELP!!

Please contact by email at: brandybuie97@aol.com . DO NOT CONTACT THE SHELTER AT ALL!

I handle all of the rescue out of the shelter, and they don't have time to deal with 100 phone calls. They will just refer everyone back to me anyway. It causes too much extra work for them, and they are so busy right now with tons of animals.

Max has been at the shelter since May 22nd, and we are very full. With him being a special needs dog, he stand little chance of being adopted.

We give all dogs an annual vaccine and Bordatella upon intake.

Brandy Buie
VOLUNTEER Rescue Coordinator, Cabot Animal Shelter
Cabot, ARhttp://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AR58.html
Attachments
blinddeafdoxie.JPG
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: Cabot, Arkansas: Max Blind/deaf dachshund dumped in she

Post by Jean »

Hi Christine,
Poor little Max.
I clicked on his link but it didn't work. So, I went into Petfinder and they have a special needs dachie listed at Cabot Animal Control but it has no picture. I assume it is him? The number with his petfinder write up is (16262362) but it only says he is special needs and doesn't say anything about his disability. It also says he is a young doggy. I guess it is the same dog?
I was going to email the contact but do not have email at this time on my PC. My only email is through HPBB. LOL
Christine are there any dachie rescues in that area? I have never seen this shelter mentioned on the bb before. It only has 2 pages on Petfinder and they mention they are so full so they must be a very small shelter. Are you familiar with the contact at this shelter? I know you have lots of shelter contacts.
In larger cities Max would likely have more of a chance. I wonder if this is a rural shelter.
I wish we could help the little fellow. He must be so scared. sigh /Jean
Jean

Post by Jean »

Christine,
I just tried to email the contact for this little doggy through the link you provided and it said it didn't go through because of errors. Could you try to contact her and ask about local dachie rescues, his size, age and how long he has left. Sorry, hopefully I will get my newer computer real soon./jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Jean,

Just5 got home and I will send the link to this thread to the contact and report back anything she lets me know. I take it you can post on here and read the posts, but you no longer have an email account??
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Thanks Christine,
Sorry to be a bother.
I can't update to the newest Microsoft program so I can't open my email. I still have Internet access but can only email through the bb.
The rescue in Houston that I foster for has told me they will be sending me a 2 year old computer in a few weeks :D That is so cool !!!!!
Thanks Christine, Jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

That's great, Jean...it will be great to have you back on the grid. Here's some more good news! Brandy wrote me back:
Thank you for the email. He has been rescued!! We are working on transport right now. I will send you a run sheet when we get it going. Thanks a bunch!!

Brandy Buie
VOLUNTEER Rescue Coordinator, Cabot Animal Shelter
Cabot, AR
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AR58.html
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, Christine that is so wonderful. I couldn't stop worrying about him !!!!! Thanks for checking on the little fellow !!!!!!/Jean