PILOT POINT, TX: Bonded Cocker and Retriever need your help!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! PILOT POINT, TX: Bonded Cocker and Retriever need your help!

Post by Christine »

**MUST READ!** PILOT POINT, TX: Bonded Cocker and Retriever need your help!!! Delilo found his way to Sampson in the shelter.
This is heartbreaking!! Delilo found his way through gates and buildings to be with his best friend Sampson - please help keep them together.
*From Plyler: Here [are] the pictures of the two bonded males at the Pilot Point Animal Control... Earlier, Sampson had been moved to a different kennel in different part of the shelter... But, Delilo's kennel must have been just closed but not latched...because when I walked into Animal Control, Delilo was sitting in front of Sampson's kennel giving him kisses... This baby [didn't] only push open the heavy kennel door but made his way... two connected buildings over to find his mate.

It was so sweet but heartbreaking. Please help keep them together. Sampson will likely be put in our adoption program [soon] but Delilo will not because of his age & hair loss (from fleas). This means these two will likely never see each other again. It just breaks my heart. ... Can any one give [these] two a place together?

Don't let Delilo's age keep him from being with his best friend Sampson. These two must stay together!

HOW TO HELP THEM? Stephen Plyler (contact me at splyler03@aol.com)
AAD Shelter Volunteer
Attachments
samson-delilo.JPG
samson-delilo2.JPG
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: PILOT POINT, TX: Bonded Cocker and Retriever need your h

Post by Jean »

Oh, my, that situation is so sad. Two friends that want nothing more than to be together. :cry:
I went into Pilot Point Animal Shelter's web site. Their doggies only cost $10 to adopt. That is only $20 for 2 doggies that would love you till their dying breaths. sigh (I clicked on the shelter's link to Petfinder to see their adoptable pets. Petfinder said that there were no entries to show at that shelter. I hope it's not too late. These pleas need to be sent with a date. ) It is so sad to think that the older cocker will never even make it to the adoption floor but die on a cold steel table wishing that his friend could be with him.
Does anyone know of a rescue group in Texas who might take them? If so, I could do some contacting since I am off work for a few weeks. Maybe we could even get a "chip In" going. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Don't let these 2 friends be separated forever./Jean
Christine

Re: PILOT POINT, TX: Bonded Cocker and Retriever need your h

Post by Christine »

These two boys rallied a lot of interest and I am so happy to tell you that they have been adopted TOGETHER!!!
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08