Quincy, MI: Blind lab girl and friend in gassing facility!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Quincy, MI: Blind lab girl and friend in gassing facility!

Post by Christine »

UPDATE:
Deborah Parker of St. Francis Sanctuary stepped up for Misery, but another lady took both Misery and a husky girl that she had bonded with, but three days later, decided she could not keep them so they are both at risk of going back to the gassing shelter. This is an email from Deborah. Now we have two to network fast and furiously. Please do what you can. I am so sorry Misery did not get to go to Deborah's wonderful rescue.

Volunteer says: "Elsa is a lovely Husky of approximately 5-6 years old. She has a beautiful stance and appears to be quite healthy. She has a quiet personality and is easy to handle on lead. Elsa passed all aspects of the temperament test. She came in with Misery. (Elsa appears to have encountered some tar in her travels & will need cleaned up)."

Sex: Female
Breed: Husky Mix

Arrival: Thursday, 06/07/2012
Release: Thursday, 06/14/2012
Viewable on web until: Monday, June 18, 2012 (That date can change at any time!!!!)

Location Found: E Sterling Rd / Scipio Twp - Hillsdale County

Description: Red Collar - NO TAGS
Weighs: 40 lbs.

This dog was in Branch county animal control in MI. She got adopted to a lady that told me she was "new in rescue" and took this girl and her "bonded" sister. (sister is a Husky mix??) doubt if related ......but any way

She had the dogs 3 days now and said it is not working out at all and too much for her. She cannot leave them alone in the house or leave the room because they are "trying to get to her" she has NO fence so she must walk them individually. No garage to put them in ?#&*?? whatever.....

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A RESCUE FOR THIS LADY THAT TRIED TO SAVE THESE 2 FROM A GASSING DOG POUND. SHE IS WILLING TO PAY THE VETTING FOR THE 2 DOGS IF SHE CAN FIND A REPUTABLE RESCUE TO TAKE THEM.

She is located at 46360 ( zip code ) Mich. City Indiana

Her name is Marty and she thought she was saving them from being euth. PLEASE DO NOT CALL HER AFTER 11:00 Central time.

I tried to get this dog over and over last week. Since she went to a home adoption I took in others. Now I have no room and this girl and her sister are in need.
If anyone has any questions for me here is my number 440-967-3610 please do not call after 2:00AM EST

Deborah Parker

Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary Inc.
Vermilion, Ohio 44089

http://www.saintfrancisanimalsanctuary.org/
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/OH556.html

Oh guys, we have to network this sweet dog...just look at her face. She is pleading for someone to save her. I wonder if her family is looking for her or put her out.
UPDATE (6/11/12): The sweet girls stray hold is up THURSDAY (6/14/12), if she is not reclaimed by her family. If you would like to adopt her or know of a rescue/shelter that would like to take her into their rescue/shelter, please call Animal Control. (517) 639-3210.

DOG ID #: 12-6871-2
Sex: Female
Breed: Lab

Arrival: Thursday, 06/07/2012
Release: Thursday, 06/14/2012
Viewable on web until: Monday, June 18, 2012 (That date can change at any time!!!!)

Location Found: E Sterling Rd / Scipio Twp - Hillsdale County

Description: Red Collar - NO TAGS
Weighs: 57 lbs.

Branch County Animal Control
168 S Ray-Quincy Rd
Quincy, MI 49082

Hours: Mon & Fri 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tue, Wed & Thur 9:00 am to 4:30 pm

Phone: (517) 639-3210 (Machine does not take messages.)
Fax: (517) 639-3640
Listed Dogs: http://www.co.branch.mi.us/animal.taf?species=dog
Attachments
Misery.jpg
Elsa.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: Quincy, MI: Blind lab girl and friend in gassing facilit

Post by Christine »

Bumping this thread so you can read the updated information.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08