CLIFTON, NJ:Beautiful white long haired cat with broken tail

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

CLIFTON, NJ:Beautiful white long haired cat with broken tail

Post by Christine »

This good samaritan saved Frenchie and has reached the point where she needs to find a home experienced in caring for a special needs cat. Frenchie has been through a lot - she is beautiful - just needs a special care routine. Please crosspost far and wide.

Carole is willing to travel as far as 2 hours to transport Frenchie.

hello~
i am in a predicament. i have a beautiful cat who i recently (mid-April) found injured next to my front steps. i took her to the vet and after many x-rays, was told she had broken her pelvis and tail. he said he could not reset them, but that with care, she would heal and be able to walk again with a limp. he did not want to put her down.

i cared for her through tough times...she was urinating herself and could not stand up for a couple of weeks and then she walked to the litter pan and got herself as cleaned up as she could. after another week or so, she jumped over the pet playpen that i had confined her to, so i allowed her to roam the house. she began dropping balls of feces all over the house, so i had to begin either putting her outside for a short time on nice days or confining her to a large dog crate. she was also pregnant. so last week she miscarried all of her kittens...whether due to her injury or xrays, i'm sure it was a blessing that she did. she needed help delivering most of them as they were breech.

at this point, i do not know what to do with this poor cat. she has been through so much, but i cannot allow her to roam around my house. i have not found any more poo-balls, but she is still unable to lift her tail at all and it gets filthy and smells of urine often.. i need some help...i cannot keep her any longer...this is getting unbearable as i have small children and i have had to wash their bedding, backpacks, laundry that has not been put away...i really need to surrender her over to someone who can care for this kind of problem, but i really don't want to see her put down because she is such a beautiful cat and has suffered and struggled so much to survive. please let me know if you would be able to take her or if you know of a shelter that would. thank you very much.

Carole
XxEroSweetxX@aol.com

here is a picture of Frenchie~
Attachments
long haired cat.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: CLIFTON, NJ:Beautiful white long haired cat with broken

Post by Jean »

So, she must have neurological damage.
Since she isn't finding any more stool I wonder if the kitty is slowly improving or if she is constipated ?
I wonder if amputation of the tail would help ?
She kind of looks like a flame point Siamese?
Christine could you email the owner and see how long she can give the kitty and if any one has suggested amputation ? /Jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

Good morning, Jean,

I just emailed her and copied you incase you can get emails now. I did ask her to Reply All to be sure though.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Here is the answer I received, which is good news1 However, one of the contacts mentioned (Trudy) does not have a good email address, so I would just write to Linda. It could be a typo. I wrote to Miss Whiskers in case this is a rescue friend of hers for a better address. (6-22-12 8:40 p.m.: THE CONTACT ADDRESS HAS BEEN CORRECTED IN THE MESSAGE BELOW)
hello, first of all, Frenchie has been placed with a rescue group, so i am no longer the contact for her. if you would like updates about her progress, please contact Trudy @ tssh1@optonline.net
in answer to your questions:
1.nothing indicates that she has neurological damage.
2.i was finding dropped stool on the floor up to the last day i had her in my home.
3.she was having her tail amputated yesterday in hopes that it would help her condition.
4.she is a Turkish Angora.
if anyone is interested in adopting her following her recovery foster, she will be available through Best Friends Animal Society, contact Linda @ lindag@bestfriends.org
thank you for your thoughts and suggestions~
I asked that we be kept in the loop so I can give her a Green Checkmark!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

I found the correct email address for Trudy. It has been corrected in the message above.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Another update from Trudy:
Frenchie had her tail amputated yesterday! (June 21,2012) She is a little bob tail now. She
had been hit by a car and sadly they did NOTHING for her injuries. She had a
broken pelvis. We are praying that she has not nerve damage...if she does
she may need to wear a little diaper at times. She is sweet and adorable! We
will be looking for a very special permanent home for this very special
girl!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

The full story and current update, including a recent picture....look how beautiful she really is!
Frenchie’s Update:

June 26, 2012

Long Island, NY

Transport Available to a GOOD HOME!!!

*A team of Rescue Angels swooped down on Frenchie immediately to SAVE this White Angel from being killed by the owner who had terribly neglected this 10 month young kitten after being HIT BY A CAR!!!!*

History:

Tragically not enough had been done to remedy her broken tail and pelvis after being hit by a car. In addition her original “family” allowed her back out again, unsprayed and of course she got pregnant. She miscarried due to her terrible condition. The “family” was going to kill her because she was too much work!

*Frenchie was rescued a week ago by ANGELS and brought to a wonderful vet on Long Island and assessed immediately. Her dead tail was dragging and needed amputation. It was too late to do anything about her broken pelvis so she has an adorable little wiggle when she walks. She is spayed and tested negative for all diseases!! FRENCHIE has been recouping now for over 4 days and she is USING the litter box with no difficulty. She is walking, prancing and loving to be loved…THAT is her main mission…LOVE ME!!! She seems a bit nervous around other cats so a home with MANY cats will not be good. The less the better!

At times she seems to loose very slight control of bladder function like when hearing loud noises.. She is and always will be a SPECIAL NEEDS KITTYY…she is TINY like a toy…most probably had stunted growth due to her injury. TINY!!! Despite her trauma so early in life she is a loving girl who needs a WONDERFUL HOME now! Whomever adopts Frenchie will need to so unconditionally…if a possible bladder problem is a deterrent please don’t apply. She is frightened when he she hears LOUD noises… it is probably from having been HIT BY A CAR and lying there to suffer. She is a marvelous kitty! Spunky and Loving! LOVE ME!!!

I personally had the joy of meeting Frenchie yesterday at the vet and she is a dream. A People Magnet!

Frenchie must go to a loving, unconditional, permanent HOME. Thank You for Considering Frenchie.

Contact Trudy

Tssh1@optonline.net
Attachments
pretty frenchie.jpg
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Still looking for a permanent special needs home for Frenchie....look how beautiful she is with just a little attention! (When I added this new picture I just got I thought it might be a brand new one, but it was just before her tail was amputated. She just looks so adorable, I am leaving it.)
*ONE MORE TRY FOR FRENCHIE*

Frenchie’s Update:

July 6 2012

Long Island, NY

Urgently Now Seeking a Good HOME for Frenchie

Transport Available to a GOOD HOME!!!

*A team of Rescue Angels swooped down on Frenchie immediately to SAVE this White Angel from being killed by the owner who had terribly neglected this 10 month young kitten after being HIT BY A CAR!!!!*
Attachments
frenchie new.JPG
?/1999 - 10/25/08