Voorhees, NJ:Beautiful boy cat - blind and leuk positive

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Voorhees, NJ:Beautiful boy cat - blind and leuk positive

Post by Christine »

Another precious little guy...look at THIS face.
Subject: Voorhees, NJ- Blind, leukemia kitty needs a foster home or permanent home
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:14

CROSSPOSTING
CONTACT IS: Pam SavedWhiskers@aol.com
Hello-
I rescued a kitty that I saw walking in Berlin, NJ. He was walking into everything. Its amazing he did not get hit by a car. Turns out, not only is the poor fella blind, but on top of that he is leukemia positive. He has been in foster care since November, but his foster mom can no longer house him. The veterinary ophthalmologist that I brought him to, seems to think that he was not getting enough Taurine, which is usually found in cat food, hence his blindness. The vet said he has about 5% vision. He is a sweet boy, uses the litter box faithfully and does find his way around amazingly. I would keep him in a heartbeat, but I am just so worried with my cats getting it. The rooms I could keep him in, my cats are always sneaking in. One of my cats is very good & persistent with opening closed doors. Is there anyone out there that could help this handsome man. He is fully vetted and has loads of love to offer. In my experience, the leukemia positive kitties never live very long, but I want to find him somewhere to go who will love him despite his illness. I haven't seen a leukemia positive cat live longer than 3 years from diagnosis. Here is a picture of him below. If anyone could help, I would be eternally grateful. I am looking for a foster home or permanent home that can provide him with lots of TLC like he deserves. He's young & full of spirit even though he has a handicap & disease.

Thank you very much for your time.

Pam

SavedWhiskers@aol.com
Attachments
blind kitty.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08