WILL DIE IN DAYS - Vinny, Cat in Western OH. Please read!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
RenaRF

Saved! WILL DIE IN DAYS - Vinny, Cat in Western OH. Please read!

Post by RenaRF »

Vinny is a wonderful, SWEET, declawed 7 year old cat who is up to date on his shots and neutered. He has lived with another cat peacefully. Vinny was surrendered to a kill shelter in Western OH by his "family". They didn't tell the shelter that Vinny is diabetic. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) has been desperately working to find the one person out there who can save Vinny - he won't be with us when the weekend comes if we don't find that person.

VINNY CAN BE TRANSPORTED ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL US AND POPULATED PARTS OF CANADA. Please do not let location dissuade you! He's under a ton of stress at the shelter. The shelter is desperately trying not to euthanize Vinny. They are giving him wet food only - but he's not doing well at the shelter due to the STRESS of a shelter environment. Stress raises blood sugar, and for a diabetic cat, this can be a deadly combination.

MANY cats can be regulated, once in a home environment, with diet alone. A low-carb, wet only diet is often all that is needed for a diabetic cat. MANY commercially available foods fit the bill. You do NOT have to invest in an expensive prescription diet. DCIN can help provide you with a list of appropriate foods, most of which you can buy in your local grocery store!!

PLEASE don't let this beautiful cat die. I have a 15 1/2 year old diabetic cat - DIET CONTROLLED - and he's a joy. Somehow cats with special needs seem to know that they are being specially cared for, and they return that effort with more love than you can imagine. Contact jennifer@dcin.info. You can also contact me at renarf@comcast.net. A picture is included below of this beautiful boy.

PooMoggie

Re: WILL DIE IN DAYS - Vinny, Cat in Western OH. Please read

Post by PooMoggie »

I'd love to take him. NY State, affiliated with Cause 4 Paws NJ. Please email me at causeforpaws .......a.......msn.com
RenaRF

Re: WILL DIE IN DAYS - Vinny, Cat in Western OH. Please read

Post by RenaRF »

Rescued!!! Sorry - can't edit the original post.