N. VA - Diabetic Cat WILL BE KILLED THIS WEEK. Please read.

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
RenaRF

Saved! N. VA - Diabetic Cat WILL BE KILLED THIS WEEK. Please read.

Post by RenaRF »

BK's parents are splitting up. BK has stayed with the husband, who is unable to care for her diabetes. She is a sweet, lovely, spayed 7 year old tuxedo girl who is up to date on her shots. THE FAMILY WILL HAVE HER PUT TO SLEEP THIS WEEK if no one steps up for her. Diabetic Cats in Need, a 501c3 nonprofit, will transport BK anywhere in the continental US and populated parts of Canada for a qualified adopter. Please consider her. She deserves to have her diabetes treated - she's used to being home tested, and she tolerates it very well. DCIN can help teach any qualified adopter how to care for a diabetic cat - it's NOT difficult. You can contact Jennifer at DCIN - JennF@dcin.info. Or feel free to contact me, renarf@comcast.net.

Here's a link to her blog post: http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2012/07/ju ... d-are.html

And here are her pictures:

Jean

Re: N. VA - Diabetic Cat WILL BE KILLED THIS WEEK. Please r

Post by Jean »

Anyone hear anything about this kitty. She is gorgeous!!!
Diana R.

Post by Diana R. »

hi Jean:

I have her. BK (which formerly stood for Bad Kitty and now stands for Bella Kitty) flew to Colorado on 10/2---still working at regulating her and getting her BG levels down but she is a very sweet kitty---very compliant with having her ears poked for BG testing. Diana
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh, I'm glad you have her. She is such a pretty girl! What a terrible name for a kitty. Sigh
Who flew her down to you? Paws and pilots ? Congratulations!!!
Christine

Post by Christine »

I didn't scroll down to see that someone had answered and got this from the blog:
October 9, 2012~Update from BK's new mom "Bella Kitty is a very sweet kitty; she purrs it seems all the time. I still have her in the room by herself until I get her regulated. I just started her on 4 units/2x/day---she has been ranging anywhere between 338 and 277. Her water consumption has gone down so the bowls aren't empty every morning. She is very east to give insulin to and cooperative with ear pricks to test her BG."

October 3, 2012--BK flew to CO. Everything went smooth. Charbonneau's new Mom, picked her up at the airport and kept her for the night and met with her new mom the next day. BK's new mom wrote "Brought Bella Kitty home and she was greeted by my 3 legged dog Tiva and there was hissing; also hissing with my curious cats. She is in a room by herself with the baby gate and trying to keep the door closed and giving her time to adjust and settle in. Will wait until I see the vet tomorrow to have her BG checked and then start her on insulin. Thanks everyone."

Then I was so thrilled to see that she is with one of our own! Bless you for taking her. She is just absolutely beautiful...and so are you! :wub:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08