Raleigh, NC: Injured Baby beagle girl in gas shelter

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Raleigh, NC: Injured Baby beagle girl in gas shelter

Post by Christine »

I don't have any other details as to why this baby's back legs don't work, but she doesn't have much of a chance in a shelter. Look at this little face!
Booger, baby female beagle mix..doesn't have use of her back legs.

PLEASE CROSSPOST URGENT DOGS - NO CRAIG'S LIST OR SIMILAR SITES!

This poor little girl doesn't stand much of a chance in this kill shelter. Please save Booger!To pull dogs please contact Humane Society of Raleigh County Inc., Beckley , WV- Phone: 304-253-8921 or 304-255-9134 (Volunteers can assist with transportation)

Please call the shelter at the above phone number or email (((opundo@operationunderdog.org))) for questions.

**Please DO NOT contact the shelter about the gassing! It only makes them not want to work with rescues and is counterproductive. It is not the shelters fault. The shelter has no say in what form of euthanasia is used...that's chosen by their municipality, not the shelter.
Attachments
booger4.jpg
booger3.jpg
booger2.jpg
booger.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: Raleigh, NC: Injured Baby beagle girl in gas shelter

Post by Jean »

She is absolutely adorable!!!
Christine

Post by Christine »

I know...I just want to gather her up and make everything alright. Jean, please send this link around to your contacts. I have written for more information, i.e. do they know why she can't use her legs, is she continent, etc.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

I've already started cross posting. Are you familiar with this shelter. I just wondered if they would give her a little more time. There is a home out there we just need a little time to find it.
Christine

Post by Christine »

I just got this note from the group who is trying to help her. (They know that we are networking her and the donation for her is very encouraging.
"She has a spinal deformity and no use of one of her back legs. The vet believes that once that leg is removed, she will regain use of the other one:)"
I understand that there is a $100 donation for her. I asked if she was continent and waiting for that answer.
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Is the donation from the group trying to help her? So, the donation will go to the person or group who adopts her?
Christine thanks for doing the leg work and trying to help her./Jean
Christine

Post by Christine »

Just found out she is safe and "leaving the building tomorrow'!! I asked for more details...adoption or rescue, etc. I will let you know when I hear back. such a relief!
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Post by Jean »

Oh,that is WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!