Atlanta: 7 y/o lab beagle needs retirment home in a month!

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Atlanta: 7 y/o lab beagle needs retirment home in a month!

Post by Christine »

Rightly so, we have undying gratitude for military sacrifices to save us; shouldn't there also be a category for lab animals? This sweetheart has served humankind in a study for 7 yrs. Surely some human can offer him a post-lab life with green grass and unlimited affection?

Look at his precious face. He asks for nothing. He does not even know the simple pleasures of a soft bed, a chew toy and just being a beloved pet. Please share and crosspost far and wide - no Craig's List. You can be the person who sees him experience all the things we take for granted for the very first time

If you can help Norm, please contact sbfloyd@uga.edu.
Attachments
norm.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Jean

Re: Atlanta: 7 y/o lab beagle needs retirment home in a mon

Post by Jean »

I wonder if the person who originally sent out this plea works for the lab?
I wonder what has happened to past lab doggies. This would be a great cause to get behind.
Christine

Post by Christine »

Hi Jean,

I have the answer here and I have revised the story I sent so that it does not become a cause that might cost Norman a home. Sammie is concerned about this and, as you will see, she will make sure than Norman gets the home he deserves. I was comforted by this last email from her.
Hey all
This is Sammie. I am the student trying to find a home for Norm. I am so excited that so many people are trying to help me. However, please only pass his information along to people you know and trust. Only people who belong work in the facility can adopt Norm (for the safety of the Norm). So please contact me if you would like to provide a home for him as I will have to get started on the paperwork to adopt him myself. Also, for those who don't beleive in lab work, here is a little insider information- I love animals and aspire to be a vet. I would not work here if I did not beleive in the work that is being done. These animals will save your life one day. All the animals are very well cared for. It is my job to ensure that each dog had toys and a bed,a perfectly balanced die, in a perfect, clean, 72 degree room.

I just want whomever has received one of Norms emails to understand all of that. All of that said, here is a little more on Norms story.

Norm is a research purpose bred beagle. He has been a part of a heartworm study for most of his life. He is heartworm negative, hence the name Norm for "normal". Norm will come neutered and current on all vaccines. He is very loved but cannot be kept here do to the expenses of keeping an animal in a highly controlled lab environment. He is perfectly healthy. Norm would be perfect as an outdoor dog with a fenced yard, as he is not potty trained. He is very sweet and loving.

Don't worry too much because Norm will be around awhile. His doctor does not want to see Norm euthanized and therefore will keep him as long as his money allows here in the facility. When the day comes that Norm cannot stay here anymore I will adopt him. I cannot keep Norm long because I live in an apartment. So please let me know if you could take him.

Thanks guys!

Sammie
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Post by Christine »

Norm has been adopted and will be living in The Big Apple!!!
?/1999 - 10/25/08