Carthage, IL: Tiny long hair doxie boy-unbelievable neglect

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Carthage, IL: Tiny long hair doxie boy-unbelievable neglect

Post by Christine »

Subject: Carthage, IL: Emaciated Doxie dumped at the pound! OMG!! GRRRRR!

Carthage, IL: After such a sad week last week losing the puppy, this poor scared boy was dumped at our pound over the weekend. I have done what I could for him this weekend, spoken to 2 different dvm's, one of which came by to check on him last night. He threw up this afternoon and has been having cronic diarrhea. He has an appetite and drinks, which is good but then he threw up so much this afternoon, I'm not sure how much he actually digested. He was loaded with hundreds of fleas and as you can see his nails are so over grown. I am taking him to the clinic tomorrow for some blood work and to see what else we can do for him. Love to know who did this too him and let him get so bad, but in a way, I'm grateful they at least dumped him at the pound so we can now take care of him.

If anyone can help with his expenses, please contact our vet clinic 217-847-3911 (8am-5pm). Thank you!!

Anissa
West Hancock Canine Rescue
Attachments
abuseddoxie5.jpg
abused doxie6.jpg
abused doxie4.jpg
abused doxie3.jpg
abused doxie2.jpg
abused doxie.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08