Daytona, FL: Beloved down doxie's owner on chemo

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Christine

Saved! Daytona, FL: Beloved down doxie's owner on chemo

Post by Christine »

This is Murphy. He is an 11 year old doxie that is down. He had surgery 3 years ago. He has a cart that he uses to get around in. His dad loves him but has become ill. From what I understand he is currently having Chemo and can not care for Murphy at this point. Murphy lives in the Daytona area but we can arrange transport for him to wherever he would need to get within southeastern area. There is a possibility that this could also be a temporary foster situation with Murphy able to go back to his dad at some point if he is able to care for him. If you can help please contact Scpennylover@aol.com , Suzanne Collard. This information was current as of 12/1/12. Please share. Let me know if we need to arrange transport for him. Thanks

A last please for Murphy. I just received notice that he will be PTS on Tuesday if we do not find anyone willing to take him in. Please read below. I know I am sending this to lots of you that don't normally get my emails about dogs. And I know that many of you are not doxie people. However we are down to the line here and I figured any contact is worth a try. I had originally thought the dad of Murphy had already started chemo but he will actually be starting treatment on Wednesday. We have to have arrangements made for Murphy by Tuesday 12/4/12 or he will be killed. If you can not help please share this to someone you think may be able to help Please let me know right away if you can help.

Judy Delbene
Attachments
murphy.jpg
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Christine

Re: Daytona, FL: Beloved down doxie's owner on chemo

Post by Christine »

A Christmas miracle! Murphy's new parents are on the way to picking him up and taking him home with them.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

I"m so glad! If I'd been close he could have come here (all we need is a third cart and another short doggy.) I'd hate to think of that happening to one of mine.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Thank goodness.