CA: 4.5 years old paralyzed purebred corgi needs a home

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
BuddyNeedsHelp

Saved! CA: 4.5 years old paralyzed purebred corgi needs a home

Post by BuddyNeedsHelp »

Hi Everyone,

I have a 4.5 year old purebred sable Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Buddy available for adoption. On Thanksgiving morning he ruptured a spinal disk and severed his spinal cord, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. He is unable to defecate or urinate on his own. Unfortunately a week after his accident he had another accident where he smashed his penis accidentally. He currently needs surgery to possibly amputate his penis and have a permanent catheter inserted so he can empty his bladder properly.

I am currently a graduate student at UC Davis and I do not have the necessary time or funds to properly care for him. He needs to be expressed at least four times a day (approximately every 5 hours).I do not want to put him down because he is still so full of life. He still loves to play fetch indoors. He is also able to play outdoors since I got him a wheelchair for dogs. He needs someone to interact with him because he is such an intelligent dog. He has brought so much joy to me the entire time I have raised him. I wish I could continue to care for him, but my circumstances prevents me from spending quality time with the boy.

Please give him a chance to capture your heart. He is an extremely beautiful, intelligent, and loyal dog. You will love him when you meet him. I just really need someone who has the time and a big heart, to give him a chance. He deserves it...

We are located in Davis, CA
Attachments
buddy3.jpg
buddy2.jpg
buddy1.jpg
Christine

Re: CA: 4.5 years old paralyzed purebred corgi needs a home

Post by Christine »

Buddy's owner has decided to keep him and he is slowly recovering from some of his issues. I know he is a happy boy not having to leave his family. :wub:
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08