Paralyzed cat in NYC - KILL SHELTER

For elderly, disabled, and special needs animals in urgent need of being rescued or adopted--within 7 days.
Forum rules
PLEASE READ the Forum Guidelines here.
If the pet you posted is rescued or adopted, please click EDIT on your original post and check the Saved Image icon.
Sparrow

Saved! Paralyzed cat in NYC - KILL SHELTER

Post by Sparrow »

This is from a Facebook page. I'm not sure if the link will work, but here it is: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... =1&theater

Jasmine is suspected of having degenerative neuropathy, and is missing teeth due to severe dental disease. She sounds like a real little doll, though!

I fear she will be PTS if someone does not step up right away. If anyone can even make a connection with a rescue in the area or a group of transporters, please call the shelter and let them know it is being worked on. I hate living in Alaska, where I feel helpless to do anything but make Internet posts. I wish I could help transport or foster these babies.

NYC Urgent Cats

AC&C, NYC - Brooklyn Center

Jasmine - A0937285

9 year old Spayed female, Calico DSH- 6.6 lbs- O/S, 2/16
http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=NWYK1.A0937285

Jasmine was adopted from ACC about a year ago, and was surrendered back to us yesterday. She has recently lost the use of her back legs, and her owners can no longer afford to care for her. Our vet suspects that Jasmine is suffering from Degenerative Neuropathy. Despite her condition, Jasmine is a very sweet girl who craves attention. She will chirp, purr and head butt as long as you are willing to pet her! Jasmine will require follow-up vet care and a patient home experienced in dealing with special needs animals.

Medical:
Initial: Green
Scan positive:985121013253984
Geriatric
missing teeth all canine and some molar and premolar teeth
Appetite: moderate
shaved and spay scar seen
severe dental disease
paralysis of hind end(suspect degenerative neuropathy)
unable to stand
loss of bladder control

Dr. Michael seen and he suspect this condition as degenerative neuropathy
Dr. Michael talk with new hope Carianne for placement if no placement in 48 hours , recommended EHR
Dr. also suggested to put vet check for 3 days

Cat Information Sheet
1: - Why are you surrendering this cat? cost
2:- How long have you had this cat?1yr
3:- How many people are in your household? 2 adults,2lkids under 13een
4:- Has your cat ever lived with other cats? on
5: - How does your cat behave around other cats? no
6:- Has your cat lived with dogs? no
7: - How does your cat behave around dogs? no
8: - Where does your cat live? inside
9:- Does your cat use the litter box? sometimes
10: - Does your cat use the scratching post? sometimes
11: - How does your cat behave around strangers? friendly
12: - How does your dog behave around children? friendly
13: - Please describe any behavior problems you've noticed: no
14: - What brand of food does your cat normally eat? Dry food
15: - How often do you feed your cat, and what times of day? 3times scientist diet
16: - Does your cat have any medical problems that you are aware of? If yes, please provide as much detail as possible. the back legs gave out hard to go to the litter box ,Vet explained it going to be a lot money form the Aspca client .
17: - Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about your cat? Sweet cat just hope it can be help can afford .
critters
Founding Member

Re: Paralyzed cat in NYC - KILL SHELTER

Post by critters »

Crossposted to Special Cat Action Team.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

When you click the link it says she was pulled by an unknown rescue. Thank goodness, bless her heart.
:angel:
aurident

Post by aurident »

I've seen the site that you have posted here, poor girl. How I wish that I could fly her here in California, she truly needs love and someone to take care of her; I have a dog that got a hip dysplasia when he was a pup, it was not that easy for me to see him crawling at the floor to get to one place to another, thankfully, the vet gave him a medicine for bone (like a calcium) which helped him a lot and now he is walking.